Unsupported codec?
I have some TV shows, which XBMC has some problems playing correctly. When they play the sound is fine, but the picture is very "bumpy", which makes it anoying to see. Further it display the duration of the episodes twice the lenght than it actually is.

I have tried to use MediaInfo to see which codec it is. Here's the information I got from MI:

Video: Hungarian, 1280*720 (16:9), at 25.000 fps, AVC (PAL) ([email protected]) (CABAC / 3 Ref Frames)
Audio: Hungarian, 44.1 KHz, 2 channels, AAC (LC)

Is it because the XBMC doedn's support this codec or is it another issue.

If I play the video in VLC, it plays just fine.
Codecs and encodes change rapidly.. it is possible that some are outside XBMC's suitability range.. As I understand, the nighties have a reworked video engine, and should handle all the contemporary media as well as most other standalone media players do. So you can be patient, or go with a bleeding edge nightly version. I personally would just re-encode the video with handbrake into a form that is more easily handled. It might be useful to have a small snippit of the video posted for the devs to try out.
Thanks for your reply.

I was wondering if it was possible to request codecs XBMC should support in future releases or can I only just hope for the best?
(2012-07-03, 23:11)usk78-dk Wrote: Thanks for your reply.

I was wondering if it was possible to request codecs XBMC should support in future releases or can I only just hope for the best?

provide a snapshot of the videofile (couple of MBs) and upload it somewhere so the devs can look at it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-07-03, 23:28)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-07-03, 23:11)usk78-dk Wrote: Thanks for your reply.

provide a snapshot of the videofile (couple of MBs) and upload it somewhere so the devs can look at it

Its best to first request a test with a nighlty build for beeing sure that its not already fixed...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unsupported codec?0