Win XBMC 11 and TrueCrypt
Hi,

XBMC on Windows XP. 1TB Samsung drive crypted with TrueCrypt. And now: after mounting drive in TrueCrypt and adding viedos to library I have problems with playing 1080 materials. After few minutes it's jamming - it repeats about second of film. Sometimes it moves on for few minutes and jamming again, sometimes it crashes XBMC. With 720 it slows for few seconds but generaly you can watch it. There are no problems with 480 materials.

When I use DLNA server (PC Share Manager from Samsung) with TrueCrypted 1080 files to play it with Samsung TV everything is OK. Also playing 1080 from non-cryted drive with XBMC is OK.

My CPU AMD X2, GPU 8800GT, 2GB RAM.

So there are some conflicts between TC and XBMC.
It sounds like your computer doesn't have enough grunt to do both TC and XBMC. I imagine that XBMC uses more system resources than PC Share Manager, which is causing the difference. However, that is just a guess.
Nope, hardware is more than enough. Think there is a problem with XBMC using TrueCrypted drives.

You can do a test. TrueCrypt a folder on your drive. Put 1080 file there a try to watch it witch XBMC. We will see if there's a problem only on my PC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11 and TrueCrypt0