No Flac Audio
Hello all!

I have been scouring the forums and Google for the past two days attempting to solve this issue. XBMC 11.0 will play everything under the sun except for FLAC. Whenever I play a FLAC file all sound is disabled until I stop it. I thought it was that my receiver (Pioneer VSX-920) didn't decode FLAC but it does the same thing when I run it through my PC speakers. I've switched the audio output device to every setting available to no avail. I even gave the HD audio patch a shot. If any of you could offer any help in this manner it would be greatly appreciated!

Video: NVIDIA GTX 550-Ti

Log: http://pastebin.com/Fu3bnhCA

Thanks again!

FLAC is supported, at least it is in the list of supported audio formats. I have none myself to test with. I found a site with some sample FLAC files. I'll grab one and see what happens.
I feel like it is some obscure setting somewhere that is causing a conflict, and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.
FLAC is supported just fine. You've only posted part of the log, and it looks like an audio driver issue, but that's just a guess without knowing more and a full log.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Sorry about that, I thought you would only need the section from where I attempted to play a file. Here is a full log of launch to close of trying to play a FLAC file.

http://pastebin.com/hCmK4xG8

Thank you again for all of your help!
I can't see any obvious problems in the log. Much of my music collection is in FLAC format and XBMC plays all the FLACs fine. That doesn't help resolve your problem but it at least shows it can be done.

You could try configuring XBMC to use the video player to play the FLACs. This shouldn't be necessary, but if there's some issue with the audio config it might make a difference. Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type;

Code:
notepad "%APPDATA%\xbmc\userdata\playercorefactory.xml"

and click OK and answer yes when Notepad asks if you want to create a new file. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="PlayFLAC" filetype="mp4" player="DVDPlayer" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Close Notepad and save the changes, then start XBMC and try and play a FLAC. Check the log file to make sure XBMC is now using DVDPlayer rather than PAPlayer. You should see something like (this is from my log):

Code:
NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: D:\XBMC\Music\MP3\ST\Tangerine Dream\1971 Alpha Centauri\01 Sunrise in the Third System.flac
Like jhsrennie, I didn't see anything stand out in your log - you can also try select a device other than "Primary Sound Driver".

Another option is to use a nightly build which includes the new AudioEngine - at the very least we'll see much better debugging info in the log, and it offers many more audio options and improved quality.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
jhsrennie's method worked! Thank you all so much for your help!

DDDamian, would you still like me to install a nightly and send you a new log file?
Choice is totally up to you - it will include the new AudioEngine, but can't be guarenteed as stable (though most are using it without issue).

Glad jhsrennie got you running anyways Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Flac Audio0