Missing viewtype w/o season art
I tend to be somewhat picky when it comes to my cover art - my movies only display the title against a poster, no cast names, no dates, no catchphrases. And I prefer my TV-shows the same way. Now this is where it gets tricky.

I have enough of a hard time finding a general TV-show poster without the channel name, catchphrase etc. And finding good looking covers for each season!? Impossible. I hardly ever find matching covers for an entire series, and even if I do, their often splattered with text.

In old Aeon Nox I could work around this by choosing a viewtype that simply wouldn't display season covers. I find in 3.0 that all viewtypes display covers. The only exception is BigFan, where I get the choice of displaying ClearArt or a logo in the bottom-left corner instead of the season cover. But that viewtype simply doesn't work out, as it executes a weird sideways transition of the fanart into an identical fanart picture when I scroll through seasons.

So what do I want? Any of the following:
  • A new viewtype that doesn't display season covers.
  • An option in any/all of the current viewtypes to disable season covers or replace them with ClearArt/logos.

And on a side-note - When I hit the information button while browsing through, for instance, season 2 of a series, I don't want the information screen to display the season cover here either. I strictly want the series main cover art! Now, I may have simply forgotten how to do this, but wasn't this possible in earlier releases of this skin? If so, how? If not, please solve it. Big Grin

The workaround for all my troubles would otherwise be some sort of script which replaced all season art in all my folders with some sort of default picture. Or I have to manually set all season art to something more appropriate. Haaaard work! Confused
- infowall with banners / logos
- landscape logo
- bannerplex

the default scrapers only download posters / banners, we always have to take that into account.
and atm logos / clearart etc aren´t properly supported by xbmc, so this defintely won´t change during eden release cycle.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Instead of changing all your artwork, you could mod the skin to show the tvshow thumb on season level or even hide the thumb. Those are relatively small mods and take considerably less time then manually changing thumbs.
I think you are in the minority here and that most users would prefer to see the season thumbs.
Thanks for the quick responses! Allow me to reply:

(2012-05-29, 22:31)phil65 Wrote: - infowall with banners / logos
- landscape logo
- bannerplex

the default scrapers only download posters / banners, we always have to take that into account.
and atm logos / clearart etc aren´t properly supported by xbmc, so this defintely won´t change during eden release cycle.

Those suggestion are series viewtypes. Those, I have no problems with. I'm currently using BannerPlex which is awesome. The problem emerges on the next screen after selecting a series since I am now stuck with a lot of season viewtypes of which none gives me the option of hiding season covers. I think this option could be added according to the below quote without cluttering up the UI with useless options. The benefit might be small, but then again, the cost is even smaller.

(2012-05-29, 22:40)Big_Noid Wrote: Instead of changing all your artwork, you could mod the skin to show the tvshow thumb on season level or even hide the thumb. Those are relatively small mods and take considerably less time then manually changing thumbs.
I think you are in the minority here and that most users would prefer to see the season thumbs.

The mods suggested sounds like a good idea! Where to start editing? Big Grin

I admit I might be in the minority, but I can't help feeling that each season really doesn't need it's individual poster. Especially not since they always tend to differ in patterns, colors etc.

Once again, thanks for the replies!
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Ye, okay, so we kinda don't agree on the whole season cover art thingie. I mean, what you just posted totally doesn't work for me. Different placed text, some white backgrounds, some with patterns, one blue! I am curious though, as to how you turned off the "All seasons" button? I have been looking for that for a while.

Big_Noid, say that I wanted to change for instance the TriPanel viewtype in season view to always display the series "poster.jpg", regardless of season. How would I go about?
Change line 1096 of variables.xml to this:
Code:
<value condition="[Skin.HasSetting(Nox.TVShowsUsePoster) + Container.Content(tvshows)] | Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,poster.jpg]</value>

If you have scraped TV show poster you could add a line above it that says this:
Code:
<value condition="Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[Container.TvshowThumb]</value>
Hmmm, that change didn't make any difference. Which seems a little weird since I altered the code. Atleast something should have happened! Big Grin Which suggests that I probably need to refresh or update something. I could always try to re-install and re-scan to be thorough.

EDIT

Scratch that! It's now working beautifully! Thanks a lot!
I would really like to get my setup looking likes yours phil65 could you point me in the right direction? I've just recently switched to XBMC on win7 from the now defunct SageTV. I have my media stored on an Unraid server so bigger seasons are spread out through several physical drives but appear as one virtual drive on the windows network. For sage to work well I had it split by shows and seasons w/ folder.jpg providing the artwork. I used TVrename to rename the ep as E01 - Pilot in the Season01 folder. I've used the TVDB scraper and it worked decently well, the folder.jpg still provides the season artwork. Is it just simply deleting all of the artwork I have resident and it will populate as polished as yours or is it something more complex. Thanks for your time
(2012-08-26, 21:41)hobbie1009 Wrote: I would really like to get my setup looking likes yours phil65 could you point me in the right direction? I've just recently switched to XBMC on win7 from the now defunct SageTV. I have my media stored on an Unraid server so bigger seasons are spread out through several physical drives but appear as one virtual drive on the windows network. For sage to work well I had it split by shows and seasons w/ folder.jpg providing the artwork. I used TVrename to rename the ep as E01 - Pilot in the Season01 folder. I've used the TVDB scraper and it worked decently well, the folder.jpg still provides the season artwork. Is it just simply deleting all of the artwork I have resident and it will populate as polished as yours or is it something more complex. Thanks for your time

right direction is reading up in wiki and forums.
almost all artwork can be fetched with artwork downloader and cdart manager.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing viewtype w/o season art0