Upnp problems
Need some help here as I`m new to upnp. My previous setup was an ATV2 and a desktop computer. i accessed my library via SMB. All was fine. Now in order not to have to leave the desktop on all the time I bought a La Cie network space 2 NAS. I copied my library folders from my computer to the NAS and tried setting them up through xbmc. I think upnp is my only option. The problem is that although xbmc sees the files it doesnt put them into my library. In other words, i can go to the VIDEOS>Files menu in confluence and i see the files there and can watch them. However there is no MOVIES and TV Shows submenu in VIDEOS anymore. This means i cant see any fanart, plot etc etc. Any tips please?
It's because UPnP is not a file source: it's a metadata source. Thus, the URLs you get for items over UPnP are not stable - they can change at anytime. So we can't store them in the database, as the URLs won't point to the same files (they could end up pointing to different files or to nothing at all).

Thus, you have to use a file source protocol such as smb:// - most NAS devices allow this.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upnp problems0