putty fatal error, closed network connection??
I recently jailbroke my apple tv 2 for the 1st time using season pass and followed all instructions on the main page. I copy and pasted the script line for line and at the end when prompted to reboot i keep getting this error -PuTTY Fatal Error: Server unexpectedly closed network connection-..Note : ive tried two cpus with windows 7 and vista and ive disabled my avast firewall. Im a noob at this and hopefully you guys can help. I tried to copy the putty log but it wouldnt allow me to copy it.

Quote:at the end when prompted to reboot i keep getting this error -PuTTY Fatal Error: Server unexpectedly closed network connection-

Ummm...not trying to be sarcastic but is the happening by chance because the unit is already rebooting!?

If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
You are getting the error due to the closing of your connection to the apple tv, its just putty's way of telling you the connection closed and in your case it is due to the atv reboot. No need to worry.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
putty fatal error, closed network connection??0