questions from a newbie about htpc!!
Thanks bluray, stalking your threads as we speak!
Just remember, we were all novices once. Until 2 months ago, I had never attempted anything like this. Dive right in, you'll see there really isn't much to the actual building.
Thanks filthy (I'm not insulting you i promise, lol). I plan on purchasing some parts by the end of this weekend and building next week. I'm sure I'll have many questions for you guys.
I have another question about an unRAID server before I take the plunge. I currently have a collection of about 110 blu-ray movies. Would a 2tb hdd facilitate that many mkv.'s (title only, no extra's)? Even if it does, I'm pretty sure I will be expanding pretty soon so maybe I need to consider an unRAID server as well. I've been doing some research (tons) on the purposes of unRAID servers. If I decided to build a server as well, would I transfer the HDD from my HTPC to my server? Also, how is new information uploaded to the server if there is no optical drive? Could someone explain how the system works (definitely in layman's terms)? Thanks again!
@azula-
Let say- it is 25GB/movie, you will need 2.7TB.......

As for the unRAID- is your house prewire for Internet?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
^house is not prewired for internet. I have my router and main desktop on the first floor. my htpc will be in an upstairs bedroom and I also wanted to connect my TV which is in the living room on the first floor. I've been looking at an ethernet powerline adapter solution? not sure if that is right for me though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
questions from a newbie about htpc!!2