Win Panasonic THL42ET5A with XBMC as a DLNA Server
My understanding of DLNA from Panasonics manual is that if something doesn't work as expected the fault will rest with the DLNA server. My DLNA server is XMBC.

I read in the XBMC wiki [1] that "Since September 2007 XBMC's built-in UPnP-server and UPnP-client are compatible with DLNA CERTIFIED™ devices." I misread the sentence to mean that XBMC is DLNA Certified. What does compatible with DLNA mean?

I have already found out in XBMC forum posts that the Panasonic TV does not serve my photos because XMBC does not serve photos via DLNA

Another problem is that when I press the info button on my TV remote, there is no video info presented. I expected that I would get the movie synopsis. Please confirm that XMBC does not support this DLNA feature too?

It may seem I am having a cheap shot at XMBC. Thats not my intention. I just want to know which DLNA features XBMC does not support?

Kind Regards
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Single-Seat HTPC - Windows 10 Pro, Kodi Version 16.1 with MP2 Server and MP2 Client Version Spring 16.
Android 5, Kore for Remote, Wakeup and Suspend.
MP2 Powerschedule plugin for TV Timer Wakeup.
XBMC's DLNA server may be compatible, but it is far from feature rich. Some work has been done regarding this, but I am not sure if it ever made it or will make it into the release. XBMC only shares the libraries. Photos are not stored in a library so that may be why they are not shared.

Right now if you need a full featured DLNA server, you should check out Serviio or PS3 media server. Both are free.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Panasonic THL42ET5A with XBMC as a DLNA Server0