• 3(current)
[RELEASE] SimplePlaylists
(2012-06-10, 00:13)Eldritch Wrote: I have a shortcut to this add-on on my main menu. But when I click it, it always go to the last used shortcuts. Let's say it was movies. If I use parent dir from there, I end up in pictures every time. Meaning if I want to go to my favourite music I have to back out to main menu and start the add-on from the music page.

I don't know if it's possible, but it would be very nice to have the option to select all of your playlists right after starting the add-on. Or if the parent dir ended up in some kind of select category page. Meaning when I start the add-on, I can access movies, pictures and music without having to start the add-on from a certain place.
Absolutely right!
I added/changed this and a lot of other things. New version will be available soon.
Update v1.0.8

Most important changes:
- Changed type of accessing db infos when adding selected items (faster)
- Changed type of playlist definitions/management (no longer in addon options)
- Added parameter for viewing playlists with content-type overview
- Added context menu for managing playlists/subfolders
- Added automatic content detection when adding selected items
- Added playlist subfolders
- Changed addon id

Because of the new addon id you have to remove the old version, else the addon will be listed twice. Also the command for adding media has changed:
Code:
RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=addCurrentUrl)

If you want to access your playlists from everywhere, map this command to a key (Or add it to your favourites.xml):
Code:
RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=showPlaylists)

First, create some playlists/subfolders while adding media. If you want to use many playlists/subfolders you can manage them via context menu: "Manage playlists"

cheers,
asde
Very nice! Good work!

This is working, but is it the correct way to add it in favourites.xml?
Code:
<favourite name="SimplePlaylists">ActivateWindow(10024,&quot;plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=showPlaylists&quot;)</favourite>

Also, can you explain the subfolder feature? I have tried to add a music album, but I can't get it to work. I guess I'm not doing it right. Smile
(2012-06-12, 00:25)Eldritch Wrote: This is working, but is it the correct way to add it in favourites.xml?
Code:
<favourite name="SimplePlaylists">ActivateWindow(10024,&quot;plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=showPlaylists&quot;)</favourite>
It should look like this:
Code:
<favourite name="SimplePlaylists">RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=showPlaylists)</favourite>

(2012-06-12, 00:25)Eldritch Wrote: Also, can you explain the subfolder feature? I have tried to add a music album, but I can't get it to work. I guess I'm not doing it right. Smile
Adding albums is not working at the moment, only songs. Sorry...
Edit:
- Adding albums and directories (useful for adding addon folders) is working now. Will be available in the next version.

Using subfolders:
You need at least one playlist (just add something into a new playlist) in which you want to create a subfolder.
Now, when you want to add something into a subfolder, choose "New subfolder", select the playlist for the subfolder and enter a name. Its now added in this new subfolder.
The subfolder you created will now be shown in the playlist when you add further items.

Ive noticed a bug in v1.0.8: When i use the addon over "Video/Music/Image"-Addons i always see the last "content type" playlists. Anyone noticed the same, or is it working? Fixed this in next version.
Version 1.0.9:
- Added support for adding full albums (via json), full tv-shows and directories (useful for addons and addon-subfolders)
- Changed/added parts of the playlist/subfolder navigation
- Added context menu for renaming playlist items
- Added some more db infos
- Fixed some bugs

I changed the playlist structure, so your old playlists will be gone. Sorry Wink Last time. In future your old playlists will still work.
Execept of the known url encoding problem everything should work now. I will add this version to the xbmc.org eden repo.

cheers,
asde
Thanks for the updates!

I have done some testing. Adding albums and dirs works great in both filemode and library mode.

But the movies doesn't start any more. The show up in the list with image and info, but nothing happens when I try to start it.

Update:
Doesn't matter if it's rars or avi's. And the movies was added to the list while they where playing.
(2012-06-16, 14:14)Eldritch Wrote: Thanks for the updates!

I have done some testing. Adding albums and dirs works great in both filemode and library mode.

But the movies doesn't start any more. The show up in the list with image and info, but nothing happens when I try to start it.

Update:
Doesn't matter if it's rars or avi's. And the movies was added to the list while they where playing.
Thanks for your testing Smile
Sorry, i changed some code when adding playing videos.
Should be fixed now.

Would be nice if you can test it again and give me some feedback.
If its working fine i will update it to the repo.
v1.1.0 is working like a charm. Thanks! Smile
(2012-06-16, 16:07)Eldritch Wrote: v1.1.0 is working like a charm. Thanks! Smile

Yep, this version is working for me also. Cheers hey Smile
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Nice work ASDE!

It's wonderfull with all your Work on scripts and addons

Regards Jan
Very cool AddonScriptorDE.
Tks.
Thanks to all testers Smile
Version 1.1.0 is now available via the xbmc.org eden repo...
(2012-06-05, 14:07)Wanilton Wrote: @AddonScriptorDE, latest translation for Portuguese (Brazil), link for download, fix for new strings 1.0.5:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Wathci...zil%29.rar

thanks,

Wanilton
Hi, would be nice if you can post the translation for the latest version.
Many strings added/changed again, sorry. But I think there will be no (string) changes for a while now.

Thanks,
asde
Warning newbie here! I'm using Eden with Confluence skin. I've installed the SimplePlaylists add-on v1.1.0.

1) How do you get it to show up on content list? When I right click on media "Queue Item" is at the top and "Now Playing..." is at the bottom, but there is no item called SimplePlaylists. I've unistalled and reinstalled SPL, but no luck.

2) I have also added the following to favourites.xml
Code:
<favourite name="ShowPlaylists">RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=showPlaylists) </favourite>

3) The SimplePlaylists entry does show up on my Favorites menu, however clicking on it does nothing.

4) How do I map to a remote button?

5) How do I map to a key?

Thank you.

Ken
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SimplePlaylists2