• 8(current)
[RELEASE] SimplePlaylists
(2013-09-23, 00:01)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2013-09-01, 23:51)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-09-01, 10:29)jmh2002 Wrote: Any luck with progress on this? If you need it tested on a network share let me know Smile
Sorry, i forgot it. Currently very busy, but i will have a look at it next weekend...

I was wondering if you have had a chance to look at this? Network capability is really essential with so many people having multiple devices these days.

I hope you can find some time to work on this. Thank you Smile
I finally found some time. Smile Currently working on this. Sorry that it took so long...

(2013-10-05, 19:48)masinad Wrote: Dont work for youtube videos, if I watch them in xbmc. cant see nothing in playlist. It saves all the music video info what is in youtube to SimplePlaylists.spl. Plz make it work whit youtube videos allso.
Yes, adding videos via the youtube addon seems not to be working. I will try to fix it, but i think its related to the problem mentioned at the bottom at the first post. If its the case, i cant do anything.

(2013-10-19, 13:18)hstegeman Wrote: It's allready 2 month s later, are you still gonna rewrite this addon? Iwas never been able to use this addon, or this addon should be marked as broken.
As mentioned, i was very busy. It seems that you are the only one with the problem, so the addon should not be marked as broken.
But i found some time to work on your problem and i changed what caused the error.

(2013-11-03, 13:35)fredphoesh Wrote: I would LOVE to be able to play trailers using the contextual menu. Otherwise I have to navigate to and from SimplePlaylists and a move playing addon to show my wife a snippet.
There is no way to change the global context menus from an addon. It has to be implemented in xbmc / the skin / the specific addons.
But i also dont really understand what you wanna do: Connect trailers to movies and play them via the context menu? Then, SimplePlaylist is not the right addon...

(2013-11-03, 13:35)fredphoesh Wrote: There also seems to be a bug in that playing the movie directly from the plugin never works, I tried about 12 movies.
Playing movies (local + addons) is working fine for me. If its happening for a specific addon, it could be related to the problem mentioned at the bottom at the first post. If its the case, i cant do anything.

(2013-11-03, 14:09)fredphoesh Wrote: Hi again AddonScriptorDE,
I hope all is well?
Sure Smile

(2013-11-03, 14:09)fredphoesh Wrote: I see other users also have errors when trying to use SMB... which would be very useful as we have 5 xbmc devices in the house! Sharing common playlists would be great!
Working on it...

(2013-11-09, 15:54)hstegeman Wrote: SimplePlaylists is now working for me, I don't get errors anymore.
Nice to hear! Smile
I finally found some time to look for your problem and changed what caused the error. Bad timing that it's now working for you somehow. Wink
Sorry that it took so long...
(2013-11-10, 03:35)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: I finally found some time. Smile Currently working on this. Sorry that it took so long...

Thats great! Nod Thank you for your work Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2013-09-23, 00:01)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2013-09-01, 23:51)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-09-01, 10:29)jmh2002 Wrote: Any luck with progress on this? If you need it tested on a network share let me know Smile
Sorry, i forgot it. Currently very busy, but i will have a look at it next weekend...

I was wondering if you have had a chance to look at this? Network capability is really essential with so many people having multiple devices these days.

I hope you can find some time to work on this. Thank you Smile
(2013-11-03, 14:09)fredphoesh Wrote: I see other users also have errors when trying to use SMB... which would be very useful as we have 5 xbmc devices in the house! Sharing common playlists would be great!
v1.1.1 should now also work with network shares as the playlist directory.
Before i add it to the repo, it would be nice if you two could test if everything is working fine (Better backup your .../userdata/addon_data/script.simpleplaylists directory).
Not really using it currently and only did a quick test...
Download
Doesnt seem to work for me. I get the confirmation dialog, and 2 files ("playlists" and "SimplePlaylists.spl") are created on the network share, but no new playlist actually shows up in the SimplePlaylists AddOn.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2013-11-13, 09:42)jmh2002 Wrote: Doesnt seem to work for me. I get the confirmation dialog, and 2 files ("playlists" and "SimplePlaylists.spl") are created on the network share, but no new playlist actually shows up in the SimplePlaylists AddOn.
Okay, another try: Download v1.1.2
Can anyone give me a couple of examples of what you are using this addon for?

What reason are you using it, what kind of stuff is in your playlists?
(2013-11-13, 23:31)thebearnecessit Wrote: Can anyone give me a couple of examples of what you are using this addon for?

Stuff you wanna watch/hear later, so you won't forget it
or
Favourites (like the built-in favourites script, but with folders)
- Addon folders (for example, add all favourite addon news subfolders to a folder/playlist "News")
- Favourite video/audio/image files
(2013-11-14, 00:54)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-11-13, 23:31)thebearnecessit Wrote: Can anyone give me a couple of examples of what you are using this addon for?

Stuff you wanna watch/hear later, so you won't forget it
or
Favourites (like the built-in favourites script, but with folders)
- Addon folders (for example, add all favourite addon news subfolders to a folder/playlist "News")
- Favourite video/audio/image files

thanks.

has anyone had it working on android? i can't get the keyboard.xml part working. i have copied the line into my global section, but when pressing the relevant button in xbmc i see no response. and when i open the addon i can see that there are no playlists.
(2013-11-13, 14:02)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-11-13, 09:42)jmh2002 Wrote: Doesnt seem to work for me. I get the confirmation dialog, and 2 files ("playlists" and "SimplePlaylists.spl") are created on the network share, but no new playlist actually shows up in the SimplePlaylists AddOn.
Okay, another try: Download v1.1.2

v1.1.2 seemed to fix this problem thank you Smile

However I did need to delete the 2 old "playlists" and "SimplePlaylists.spl" files from the network share first.

THANKS again Nod
(2013-11-14, 02:41)thebearnecessit Wrote: has anyone had it working on android? i can't get the keyboard.xml part working. i have copied the line into my global section, but when pressing the relevant button in xbmc i see no response. and when i open the addon i can see that there are no playlists.
Mmm. I have no android system to test it, but it should work the same way...

(2013-11-14, 11:45)jmh2002 Wrote: v1.1.2 seemed to fix this problem thank you Smile
Great! Smile

(2013-11-14, 11:45)jmh2002 Wrote: However I did need to delete the 2 old "playlists" and "SimplePlaylists.spl" files from the network share first.
So it doesn't work with your existing playlist? Not good. I had no problems with it...
Version 1.1.2 would also be answer to my problem, with network sharing, but I can´t install it on Eden, can you have a 1.1.2 Eden version? or is there a quick fix in code to have it work?
Eden? What the hell, gotham will be there within a few weeks.
Did you sleep for a whole year?
Eden is out of time.
I am using Atv2 and I have heard of some problems updating from eden to frodo on atv2 so I am postponing it as long as I can, if I could get a working network sharing version on for Eden it would be great
(2013-11-30, 16:25)daveice Wrote: I am using Atv2 and I have heard of some problems updating from eden to frodo on atv2 so I am postponing it as long as I can, if I could get a working network sharing version on for Eden it would be great
Sorry, all my other addons only need a simple change in addon.xml (python version 2.1.0 -> 2.0). But this addons needs some more:

I changed the content type handling in this version (which wont work with eden).
If you really need it for eden, you have to modify this version and use the content type handling from v1.1.0 (pm me if you need help).
I tried to activate the AddOn because I thought it is possible to make 1 playlist including images and music (for example play music from 1 folder (album) and show the picctures from another folder. Now I see that I have to make 2 seperate playlist (1 for music, 1 for pictures). Is it possible to combine both ?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SimplePlaylists2