Xbmc not importing nzb movie file
Probably a stupid question but I have two movie files I downloaded that won't import.

I only started using nzb's yesterday so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

The file type says file?
Adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thanks but I can't see anything there to solve my problem.

I have been using xbmc for years and have a large library it's just these new files I have aren't importing, I don't even know what file type they are really. Just says file under the type.
NZB's arn't movies, they are files that contain information to allow another program to download the data off of Usenet.

It's similar to trying to play a Torrent file, the .Torrent isn't the movie, it's just info for the torrent client to use to get the movie.
Are you thinking that the nzb file is the movie file?

You use nzb files with a downloading program like sabnzbd to download the movie file from usenet.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I'm guessing OP has something set up to automatically add these files directly into XBMC when they are done downloading?
No guys I realise the nzb isn't the movie.

I'm putting the nzb in sab and it downloads and extracts the finished product which is a plain white file with no program associated with it. If I open it with vlc it plays fine but xbmc won't import it.

Thanks for trying to help.
It sounds like the extension is missing, whatever is downloading your stuff (Or that download is setup like that) has no extension. Without the extension, XBMC won't determine if that's a file it should list or not so it's not gonna list it.
If I remember correctly you can screw up the post processing scripts to remove the extension. Not much to do with xbmc.
Ok thanks folks.

I just added .mkv to the end of the file name and the vlc logo popped up and it became an mkv or something but xbmc is importing it now anyway so its all good.

Don't know why some files are fine and these two weren't, doesn't matter now anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc not importing nzb movie file0