XBMC loads fine but nothing works
Hi all

I am new to the forums and was wondeing if i get some help.

I have used XBMC on my pc and addons like icefilms. which have worked fine. but in the last month or so i have found my xbmc stops working. I am using VIsta 32bit. If i reformat my windows and re-install xbmc it all works fine. but if i re-intall as it is nothing works.

As soon as i open xbmc i get script errors for weathers and if i click on or try to access any addon i contnue to get script errors.

Any Advice. lol im guessing im just thick.

Your first post, so it calls for a welcome to the forums, even under auspicious circumstances.

I suggest you have a look over this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 and check out some of the wiki's especially the quick start guide.

Not to get too detailed, your note on weather errors smacks of the older Dharma version, that weather modual is no longer supported, and weather in the latest version is now treated as a downloadable plugin. If you are running Eden, and have a weather plugin installed from the repo insdie of XBMC, then it would indicate some network issue. A simple re-install of XBMC only puts the program back in place; while all the settings, userdata, and stuff that breaks is still floating around in your app data roaming folder. That's why it works fine with a total O/S reinstall but not with just a simple program re-install.... to fully kill XBMC you need to delete C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC but I suspect your real problem is failing to get satisfaction from streaming plugins.... (ice films is no longer discussed in these forums http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119117).

Plugins are mostly developed and supported by 3rd party coders who hook into various aspect of XBMC, and your questions are better suited to those forums.
thank you for your response i really appreciate it.

To be fair i am personally not a big user of xbmc, but the mrs and kids use it as there media center. However i am here to try fix there little problem. But again i am struggling. I have found the roaming/xbmc foder and deleted it. Uninstalled xbmc and re-installd it and i get the same error appear again. What do you suggest i try next?? or am i fighting a lost causeHuh

ay help wouldbe appreciated and thanks again.
Your first message was a bit vague, and these kind of issues have many causes, XBMC is the premier HTPC program and is quite sophisticated in it's operation and scope and it's why I pointed you at the wiki's.. . You still have not outlined the basics in which help can be administered, that would be things like, versions, add-ons etc.. here is a link that should help you post in a manner that will get attention. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 the debug log must be turned on, and posted to pastebin.com then linked to a message in these forums with a description of your issue.

As noted: weather plugins, video plugins are supported by 3rd party developers, and it is their purview and responsibility for support; most have threads in this forum that can help you out.. Script errors of these plugins is almost always a failure of these plugins as software is a moving target, and if the plugin holds up XBMC, it's not a skin issue nor something XBMC has caused.

I suggest running XBMC and native Confluence skin without any add-ons or plugins of any kind... assert that indeed the softwarre is functioning out of the box as per design. Then download anew from the repo plugins and add-ons one at a time... each time checking that the 3rd party software functions as noted, and doesn't stomp on any other code (some are sloppy enough that they do). Good luck, if this doesn't get you on the right track.... leave us your pastebin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC loads fine but nothing works0