Media Batch Scrapping to list available audio languages in MKV containers
Is there an application that I can run all my 700+ movie collection through that will tell me what audio streams each movie has and subtitle files?

I have nearly all MKV containers that I have made with MKVMerge, with srt files for subtitles, and audio and video streams. I have been fairly meticulous about naming each file so that I can open each MKV and see the content - for example>

Main Feature (for the video file)
Eng_DTS_Audio
Span_AC3_Audio
Por_AC3_Audio
Eng_subs.srt
Por_subs.srt

What I want to do is make a note of which films have Portuguese audio or subtitles, so that some XBMC clients on my network only see films with this Audio option.

Any ideas? Ideally a batch process that I can leave running.
Thumbs Up 
Anyone else looking to do this should check this post here: which is for an application called MKV Optimiser - it does exactly what is needed for batch editing and checking of an MKV library.
What I've done to solve a problem like this is to put the movies in directories and then map the to XBMC sources acording to the language. For example:

/Movies/Spanish (contains movies just in spanish)
/Movies/Dual (spanish & english)
/Movies/English (just english)

then I created a "Movies in spanish" profile and a "Movies in english" profile. Both have a "Movies" video source, but the first one contains /Movies/Spanish and /Movies/Dual (scrapped with filmaffinity) and the other /Movies/English and /Movies/Dual (scrapped with TheMovieDB). Everything works perfect for now, only that I find very cumbersome to change profiles, and changing profiles also has some shortcomings regarding things that get done in the background. The best option (although it is a little annoying too) is to restart XBMC whenever I want another profile, and XBMC asks for the profile you want to use on start.
Thanks - that's a good idea. Once I've sorted them into the ones with the Portuguese audio and/or subs, then I will have a think about putting them into different shares - that sounds like a solution.
(2012-05-31, 19:43)pko66 Wrote: What I've done to solve a problem like this is to put the movies in directories and then map the to XBMC sources acording to the language. For example:

/Movies/Spanish (contains movies just in spanish)
/Movies/Dual (spanish & english)
/Movies/English (just english)

then I created a "Movies in spanish" profile and a "Movies in english" profile. Both have a "Movies" video source, but the first one contains /Movies/Spanish and /Movies/Dual (scrapped with filmaffinity) and the other /Movies/English and /Movies/Dual (scrapped with TheMovieDB). Everything works perfect for now, only that I find very cumbersome to change profiles, and changing profiles also has some shortcomings regarding things that get done in the background. The best option (although it is a little annoying too) is to restart XBMC whenever I want another profile, and XBMC asks for the profile you want to use on start.

The only problem with this is that you will have redundant copies of the same video...which doesn't seem to make sense if all you want is a different audio or some subtitles...I mean I guess you can do that if you have the space...but if you have 700 mkvs with multiple audio streams and subtitles...if each film is in 720p... you're talking a lot of wasted space... that's the best part of mkvs, is having one file perform multiple functions...if it were me...id just take the time to write a simple txt file or xml file listing what films you have by language...however...if your audio streams are properly tagged...it would be awesome if you could sort your movie collection according to language (like how 1 movie can have multiple genres) right in your xbmc library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Batch Scrapping to list available audio languages in MKV containers0