Movie Stacking Help
I read the wiki entry about movie stacking and attempted to create a custom stacking regular expression.
I created the advancedsettings.xml file in %appdata%\Roaming\XBMC\userdata with the following content:

<advancedsettings>
<moviestacking>
<regexp>(.*?)( \(Part [0-9]\))(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
</moviestacking>
</advancedsettings>

I want to match files named like "My Movie (Part 1).avi" and "My Movie (Part 2).avi".
However, when I add my folder of movie files to the library, I do not see any of these movies. I have the flatten and stacking options selected.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.
You only have three capturing groups in your regex, but according to the wiki, there must be exactly four. Also, you don't have action="prepend" (or "append"), so you're overwriting the existing moviestacking as well.

Try:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <moviestacking action="prepend">
    <regexp>(.*?)( \(Part [0-9]\))(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
  </moviestacking>
</advancedsettings>
This works, thanks!
Sorry to open an old thread but it is a follow up question (I have started using Kodi again after many years).
In my advanced settings file, I have the following:
Code:
<moviestacking>
        <regexp>(.+)( \(Part [0-9]\))()(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
</moviestacking>

My movies are being stacked, however, "()" is being left on the end.
My movies are named like "300 (Part 1).mkv", is there anyway I can have it remove the parentheses when stacking?
(2012-05-31, 08:27)scudlee Wrote: You only have three capturing groups in your regex, but according to the wiki, there must be exactly four....

I noticed the "exactly four" requirement as well. That seems quite silly. Whats the thought behind this?
I agree, that requirement seems quite arbitrary.
I simply included "()" to bring my regular expression up to four capture groups.

Turns out I unknowingly messed up a tag in another section of my advancedsettings.xml file a few days ago, causing all of my settings (including the movie stacking regular expression) to be ignored.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Stacking Help0