HD Audio on ATV2?
Hey guys
Are there any builds of xbmc with AudioEngine available for the AppleTV 2?
I'm eager to test it! I have iOS 5.1.1

Or does it not work for ATV2 yet?
Cheers
There are no nightly builds for atv2 atm because the ffmpeg version update breaks atv2 compatibility (it would lead to rejailbreaking the device if you would just install such a build on your atv2):

Beside that even if there was a working build - there is no HD Audio support for ATV2 and we don't even know if its possible at all on that tiny platform.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Not yet. When nighties start again for ATV2 you will get the new audio engine changes. But I'm not sure if HD audio works on the ATV2. I'm sure someone can clarify that?

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
The hardware in the atv2 doesn't support bitstreaming in HD yet. That and no nightlies yet.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
ok thanks for the reply. Bummer. Oh well I was thinking of getting a proper HTPC anyway.
from joy reading the news on the homepage, to depression all in the space of 2 minutes. Wonder if the ATV3 will be any different (is a JB ever sees the light of day of course)
according to the apple site, the audio from the ATV (both 2 & 3?) are:
HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through

That doesn't seem to include anything more than DD 5.1. bummer
Peace,
Fritz Boyle

NVIDIA Shield
for what it's worth .. ATV2 with eden plays fine (in terms of audio at least) clips from here
http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php

dts-hd and dolby truehd are properly identified judging by the icon shown in the osd and I get a regular dts/dolby output on the optical. My receiver is not HD-audio aware so it just detects and plays them in plain dts/dolby
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
(2012-06-02, 15:29)macf1an Wrote: for what it's worth .. ATV2 with eden plays fine (in terms of audio at least) clips from here
http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php

dts-hd and dolby truehd are properly identified judging by the icon shown in the osd and I get a regular dts/dolby output on the optical. My receiver is not HD-audio aware so it just detects and plays them in plain dts/dolby

DTS-HD and DolbyTHD cannot be passed via optical so the ATV must be downsampling them before bitstreaming to your receiver?

Hasn't anyone tried playing a similar file as above over HDMI to a capable receiver?
hd audio pass through will most likly never be supported on atv2.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Well, I picked up an ATV2 and installed XBMC. None of my bluray ISOs will play over SMB anyway, so for me HD audio is a moot point.

Here's hoping for an ATV3 jailbreak.
I have pass through enabled on my atv2 and my receiver picks it up no problem displaying the lovely HD-DTS sound is awesome........my advice buy a decent av receiver and speakers and have your own cinema sound........love atv2 and xbmc
My receiver decodes all HD formats.. works with regular BR players.

Also just checked some HD flac files and they are downsampled from 96khz to 48khz.

I don't see how your ATV is passing HD audio.

Edit: (I am using HDMI)
mikey1234 its nearly impossible that hd audio gets passed through with atv2. Well its not nearly impossible - its impossible.
WHAT?.HUH? HOW? My AV receiver plays HD audio too but not through ATV2 ...? Unless im missing something obvious!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Audio on ATV2?0