iOS iPhone 3.1.3 remote help
Howdy,
So I just finished my xbmc setup, went well with some manual work. I installed the official remote app to my iphone 5, pretty cool. But I have an old iphone 3G (not 3GS) running iOS 3.1.3. I would like to use this old one as my xbmc remote exclusively. I cannot connect to App Store with this outdated iOS as it is. Should I:
a. update my iphone as current as it will go and try to download the official app after?
b. jailbreak it as its an old iOS version and get some remote that way?
c. Figure out someway to get the official app on iOS 3.1.3?
d. Use another remote app?

I'm really at a loss as this is a unique case. Hopeful you have more insight.

Thanks
Jailbreak it and search on google for how to install older versions of iOS software using a jailbroken iOS device. There's some shady sites, that I won't mention, that do offer lots of App Store apps, but some of them are free remotes that are just older copies so they work on older iOS versions. So if all you're doing is downloading the older version of a free app, then I won't see it as a moral issue, and it's a great way to get use out of an old iOS device.

You can also try out some of the web interface add-ons and just use mobile Safari.
That's what I'm looking for. Thanks so much!
hello i'm on ios 5.1 i have the official xbmc remote app. that i uninstalled my app after 2 yrs because it was freezing. now that i reinstalled my app i can't seem to save my configure setting. every time i close the app or leave range of my wifi network and reopen the app when i'm back on my network. i have to configure my setting again for the remote. excuse me if i posted in the wrong area but i tried to post else where and it didn't work. any help will be appreciated. thanks in advance.
Are you sure it's the Official XBMC Remote for iOS? It originally came out (as the "Unofficial XBMC Remote", before it became official) on May 2012.
oh ok. i think it was the one that was made by collect. i've never had a problem with the remote for the 2yrs that i've been using it until now.
I've got the latest version of the remote, as well as frodo, but they're not working well together

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPhone 3.1.3 remote help0