[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.69 Average
Paul Salem Offline
(2012-06-07 18:54)matatr0n Wrote:  When i want to installing this mod xbmc says:

"The add-on does not have the correct structure"

What i have allready done:

- rebooted ATV2 -> same error
- Downloaded the mod-zip with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer & JDownloader -> same error
- i rejailbreaked my atv2, and reinstalled xbmc

other skins like Quartz and Confluence-MOD can i install without any error

the first version of this mod worked really fine!

So, what can i do now ?

I will check into it and upload a new version.
find quote
Paul Salem Offline
(2012-06-07 02:01)PatrickBateman Wrote:  Hey Paul,
I'm following your mod very closely, it is very beautiful and contains all the features i hoped fury would roll up into a mod.

Unfortuently im not comfortable with the large font on the big mod Sad so I am having to roll back, but if you ever add an option/switch for the standard font, standard clock etc but with all these features still included, then count me back in.

This is still an awesome Job, a lovely mod and absolutly action packed.

Keep up the great work and I hope you may consider adding a switch for the standard font/size etc for those of us who require a smaller font, sometime in the near future.

Thanks again for a wonderful mod,
Pat

Hi Pat,

thanks for the kind words. I am glad that you like it even though you are not using it yet. The focus of the mod is to make things a little big bigger so that it is easier to read from afar. But once I have added a few more options that I want to implement, I can add a setting to display the standard reFocus fonts, or just add the standard fonts to the fonts options as an alternative.
find quote
xerxes Offline
(2012-06-08 09:14)Paul Salem Wrote:  
I'm following your mod very closely, it is very beautiful and contains all the features i hoped fury would roll up into a mod.

Unfortuently im not comfortable with the large font on the big mod Sad so I am having to roll back, but if you ever add an option/switch for the standard font, standard clock etc but with all these features still included, then count me back in.

Keep up the great work and I hope you may consider adding a switch for the standard font/size etc for those of us who require a smaller font, sometime in the near future.

Pat

Hi Pat,

thanks for the kind words. I am glad that you like it even though you are not using it yet. The focus of the mod is to make things a little big bigger so that it is easier to read from afar. But once I have added a few more options that I want to implement, I can add a setting to display the standard reFocus fonts, or just add the standard fonts to the fonts options as an alternative.

I would appreciate that as well... your efforts in incorporating all the changes into a reFocus mod have been great and have made a beautiful skin even better, but having an option for the original fonts as well would be awesome.

Thanks!
find quote
PatrickBateman Offline
Posting Freak
(2012-06-08 09:14)Paul Salem Wrote:  

Pat

Hi Pat,

You sir are a saint!
That switch would literally be a complete solution for me and I sit here eagerly awaiting your updates Smile

That's fantastic news and sincerely appreciated. I love the mod, it has everything I hoped would be put into a mod and it is done so elegantly.

I did try the big font, and I understand why you have the big font, but for me, n a 55" screen that I sit a few feet from its jut toooooo big Smile

Subscribed and following this thread very closely.
Keep up the amazing work Paul, I know so many of us here really appreciate everything you are doing.

Thanks again,
Pat~
find quote
youmax Offline
other same problem here:

anyone install correct?
find quote
cooldfuzion Offline
(2012-06-12 02:09)youmax Wrote:  other same problem here:

anyone install correct?

You must install the XBMC PVR version!
find quote
matatr0n Offline
(2012-06-14 14:29)cooldfuzion Wrote:  

anyone install correct?

and for atv2 ? There is only one eden-version for 5.0.2.
find quote
g.scholtens Offline
What's the diffrence between this version and the normal refocus skin 0.9.5 version? Only bigger fonts?
find quote
BuhSnarf Offline
(2012-06-14 14:29)cooldfuzion Wrote:  

anyone install correct?

Is there any way to get this working with a non PVR version as don't want to go through hassle of installing PVR version just for a skin when I don't have the functionality to do PVR (No TV card)

Thanks!
find quote
Paul Salem Offline
I am still working on this. Sorry that I have not provided updates in a while.
My job is pretty demanding, and I am having some other duties as a linux distro coder, maintainer, which turned out to be quite demanding as well.
But I am definitely working on adding a few more features and fulfilling some requests.
Just please bear with me for a little while longer.
find quote
BuhSnarf Offline
No worries - thanks for the update!
find quote
newsilentsilver Offline
First I want to thank you for your great mod. It's the first real - modern - alternative for "BIG Alaska". Smile

Quote:I am still working on this.

If your working on it the next time, can you have a look on the seen/unseen overlays? They aren't shown. No one of all the indicator overlays. (All indicator options are on.) In the normal reFocus they are shown fine.

(Oh, and btw. - if you have a look at it, why not making the indicators a little ... BIGger? Wink )
(This post was last modified: 2012-06-17 21:30 by newsilentsilver.)
find quote
Paul Salem Offline
Update

- Setting to use the original standard reFocus fonts as requested. I have just kept the big clock though as a sign of identity of the mod.
- Setting to view the date on/off as requested.
- Fixed the wrong add-on structure bug when updating the skin as reported.
- Added movieset support as requested.
- More options to add video or music playlists and programs to the home menu.

[Image: Ron8W.jpg]

[Image: iGZXS.jpg]

[Image: rlykR.jpg]

[Image: iMNfD.png]

[Image: oOq1z.jpg]

Original Fonts
[Image: RB3Gp.jpg]
More screenshots

Moviesets

[Image: C3V4c.jpg]
Original Fonts

[Image: RVIRu.jpg]

[Image: 16b26.jpg]

Red Theme
[Image: WMzn3.jpg]

Lime Theme
[Image: HP4Ya.jpg]

Black Leather Theme
[Image: klO7T.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 2012-06-20 01:25 by Paul Salem.)
find quote
matatr0n Offline
Thanks for updating! V2 works fine on my atv2!
find quote
newsilentsilver Offline
First I want to thank you for updating version to 0.2. Smile

It works fine and having the movie sets now is great. But ... the problem with the unwatched/resumable indicators isn't gone with the update. Undecided Have you a theory why there aren't working at your reFocus BIG - and working fine in standard reFocus? I tested it with XBMC on ATV1 and ATV2:

(2012-06-17 21:28)newsilentsilver Wrote:  If your working on it the next time, can you have a look on the seen/unseen overlays? They aren't shown. No one of all the indicator overlays. (All indicator options are on.) In the normal reFocus they are shown fine.
(This post was last modified: 2012-06-20 18:42 by newsilentsilver.)
find quote