• 80(current)
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
(2014-01-18, 18:48)freem@n Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 18:04)jasonlcox Wrote: freem@n, have you tried your fork of reFocus on your OpenELEC HTPC? I'm having trouble getting recent Frodo versions of reFocus BIG onto my OpenELEC install.

yes, sure! it should work on all XBMC distributions for the Raspberry Pi. Additionally I have successfully tested it on OS X Mavericks, OpenELEC Generic Build and Win 7. A friend of mine uses the Skin on Ubuntu without problems afaik.
Unfortunately git is not available for OE so you need to copy the skin manually in the addons folder. installation from zip file should work; but I haven't tried it yet.

Installation from zip works perfectly - might be a good idea to make yourself a separate thread, though. It's currently not possible to set a custom slideshow - if I attempt to, I just get a black screen.
(2014-01-19, 20:50)postdeath Wrote: Installation from zip works perfectly - might be a good idea to make yourself a separate thread, though. It's currently not possible to set a custom slideshow - if I attempt to, I just get a black screen.

sure, I will create a separate thread very soon in the coming week. regarding your problem: I recently changed/removed a lot of code for the Home Fanart. this whole project is still in development so consider this as unstable although there shouldn't be too many bugs. but thanks for your feedback Smile
the option to set a custom slideshow will most likely be removed as well because it is just too heavy for the Pi in my opinion. to have decent speed it's better to have a single wallpaper or for every home menu entry a single wallpaper as it is by default.
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
(2014-01-19, 20:50)postdeath Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 18:48)freem@n Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 18:04)jasonlcox Wrote: freem@n, have you tried your fork of reFocus on your OpenELEC HTPC? I'm having trouble getting recent Frodo versions of reFocus BIG onto my OpenELEC install.

yes, sure! it should work on all XBMC distributions for the Raspberry Pi. Additionally I have successfully tested it on OS X Mavericks, OpenELEC Generic Build and Win 7. A friend of mine uses the Skin on Ubuntu without problems afaik.
Unfortunately git is not available for OE so you need to copy the skin manually in the addons folder. installation from zip file should work; but I haven't tried it yet.

Installation from zip works perfectly - might be a good idea to make yourself a separate thread, though. It's currently not possible to set a custom slideshow - if I attempt to, I just get a black screen.

Thanks for the replies freem@n and postdeath, I'll try it tonight.
I have now created a separate thread for my custom version: [MOD] reFocus light for Raspberry Pi
So please post there if you wish to know something about this skin.

Cheers, freem@n
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
I have a previous version running on Gotham, but missed a few settings in the skin. I downloaded the latest version and put it on a USB-stick. I tried installing the skin from zip, but my screen goes black. Should I first switch to another skin and then try installing the new version? Or is something else the matter?
(2014-01-01, 18:28)knewknow Wrote: Hi Paul. I've been playing around with Media Browser Server and the awesome XBMB3C plugin that was recently added to the official repo, and it seems to work VERY well. Any chance of adding Video Node support?

+1 on Video node support for custom menus!
I followed this howto http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854 but cannot find these settings in this skin.

4.) XBMC settings
System->Settings->System->Video Settings:
Vertical Sync: Always on

System ->Video->Playback:
VDPAU: On
Prefer VDPAU Mixer: ON
VAAPI: off
Adjust Refreshrate to match video: On
Sync Playback to Display: On
Sync Method: Video Clock (Drop/Dupe)

How would I reach those? UPDATE: by switching to Confluence, setting it, then switching back. Refocus doesnt support Advanced Settings.
Pseudotv live always crashes for me using skin and no reason given in the xbmc log. Anyone else have this issue and find a solution?
*EDIT* nvm, stupid question on my part.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I have looked all over the place to find a solution for this,
I want to have the Fanart blend in with the blue background, but whenever i check the enable global fanart option, the blue background disappears. I've tried all opacities, and none of them let me see the blue background.

I have attached a few pics.
As you guys can see, I cans ee the fanart perfectly, but it's not blended to the blue BG, even with opacity set to 50%

watch gallery
(2014-02-14, 12:39)Diegoale2000 Wrote: I have looked all over the place to find a solution for this,
I want to have the Fanart blend in with the blue background, but whenever i check the enable global fanart option, the blue background disappears. I've tried all opacities, and none of them let me see the blue background.

I have attached a few pics.
As you guys can see, I cans ee the fanart perfectly, but it's not blended to the blue BG, even with opacity set to 50%

watch gallery

I read somewhere it's a cache issue, but not sure how to fix it either :?
Hi,

Apologies in advance for the noob question, and I hope this hasn't been covered before.

I have downloaded the Frodo zip file from the original post and am trying to install it using the "Install from zip" function in "Manage Add-Ons".

Everytime I try I get the "Dependencies not met" notification.

Can anyone explain why?

Thanks.
(2014-01-07, 16:21)Julestop Wrote:
(2013-12-24, 17:12)knewknow Wrote: I've been using custom slideshow since Frodo, but I can see that the old HomeScreen Fanart Slideshow was added at some point. It's great, and I don't need to rely on artwork downloader, but I can't stand the sliding transition from right to left. Is there a customize feature that I'm not seeing, or a way to change this easily myself to transition like it does in the custom slideshow?

+1
I also appreciate the work to have the fanart background but hate the transitions as they stand!
I would live to be able to go back to the old transition, or have an option to pick the transition type.

Thanks!

+2.

also, is there a way to hide the movie/episode name from the bottom right corner of the homescreen?
Would it be possible to change the OSD to display all of the buttons in one straight row instead of having to press up for subtitles, etc?
I'm trying to make this skin the main skin over the entire house and it has to be used by the entire family with as little fuzz as possible.
Quick question, probably dumb.

I had to do a fresh install of XBMC and this skin and now for some reason I cannot add favorites to the home menu. I check mark the box for set custom menu item as favorite and go down to set favorite but clicking it does nothing anymore.
I don't suppose there is any quick easy fix that any of you might know of or if this has happened to anyone else?

I'm assuming I'll just have to reinstall the skin but I'm hoping I can skip that step.
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.615