• 4(current)
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
(2012-06-22, 18:03)Paul Salem Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 17:21)Sabish Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 03:57)Paul Salem Wrote: I have just tried the Sabish reAlaska mods and I fell in love with them. I have to say that I was really impressed.
They are wonderful, so I dediced to add them to reFocus BIG as optional themes, as well as the video OSD which I think it is also really impressive.

Hi Paul, Thanks for including my mods in your mod, so that everyone can enjoy them ! Cool

Could you, maybe, include my fontset (as a choice) also ? That way users can choose beetween you big fonts style, the stand one and my 'lighter' approach.

A lot of people of people (including myself) are bothererd by the fact that the backspace key sends you to the root, and not directly to the home. I have provide a fix for this, that seems to work fine, maybe you could include this also (eventually as a selectable choice in skin settings) ?

back-to-home_fix.zip

Maybe it would be cool to create a small team to take over jeroen's work, and create one and only updated refocus skin..maybe call it Refocus Reloaded (or something like that) ? Big Grin

You seems to be a far better coder than me, but i think i can bring some nice design ideas to the table, so maybe we could work together...i don't know, just thining out loud here Wink

Hi Sabish,

reFocus reLoaded seems a great name to me. Let's join forces Smile .
I am not that sure that I am a better coder, but what I am sure is that you are definitely a better designer.

I will add your fontset to my mod, I think it is a pretty good idea to have the three skin choices.
I will be off for the weekend so I will not be able to make any other modification, and I am pretty sure there are some bugs that I have not noticed yet.

I will also add the fix for the backspace key as an optional choice, since there could be someone who likes it the way it is working now.

I am absolutely delighted by the idea of collaborating together and have a small refocus team.
Thanks for the idea!

This makes me very happy!
thanks for keeping it alive guys!!
(2012-06-22, 13:17)Paul Salem Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 10:00)Paul Salem Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 09:25)tarff Wrote: Loving this mod. However, when I select the realaska osd its not displaying a progress bar.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Thanks. Let me review the code.

I have uploaded a new version.
Please test it and let me know.

I have updated the links on the first posts.

I will paste it here as well for your convenience,
reFocus BIG v.031

The progress bar is working now. Beautiful.

Thanks man.

This was my new skin but unfortunately my atv2 keeps crashing when its enabled. Time to update to an htpc I think.
(2012-06-22, 18:03)Paul Salem Wrote: reFocus reLoaded seems a great name to me. Let's join forces Smile .
I am not that sure that I am a better coder, but what I am sure is that you are definitely a better designer.

So Refocus ReLoaded it is ! Smile

(2012-06-22, 18:03)Paul Salem Wrote: I am absolutely delighted by the idea of collaborating together and have a small refocus team.
Thanks for the idea!

Me too Cool As it is, i think the skin is solid, but there's always room for improvement. IMO, the home menu lacks entry points to recently added media, so maybe we could work on that. I really like the "metro like" based skins, such as Experience and Lightbox, but i know some people don't. I also really like the search results page of refocus, and i think it would work great along with the vertical menu as it is. I will make a small mockup when i have time to show what i have in mind...
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
This is great news,

Can I make a small request though, if it's a calibration, can we please have an option for the fonts in Sabishs mod, and the small clock etc as I think Sabishs new font is so beautiful, and the smaller font/colck etc is better for large screens, where as the big mod is better for small screens (IMO)

I like the big mod, but the fonts just dont work, whereas Sabishs mod totally and completely nailed it for me. That font, the size, the colours etc are just Fantasic Smile

Looking forward to seeing what's next for this guys.
So grateful of the work you guys are doing.
Pat~
After playing hours with reFocus and on small screens wonderful readable realaska some thoughts:

1. Black on light blue is not good readable - and so are all realaska pop ups (e. g. favorites) not good readable. And the font there is for a big skin a little bit small, too. For testing I changed the black text color of the favorites pop up to white - a lot better to read. Wink

2. The focused text color at virtual key board at realaska is black. Because the text color there is black too, you can't see on which key you are. Wink I have a look at the original reAlaska mod, it's the same there.

3. In ViewGallery.xml I changed the vertical position of the title from "<posy>102</posy>" to "<posy>82</posy>". Now the title in the gallery is readable first time and the titles are no riddles anymore. Smile

4. Why are you using such a lot of custom smart lists in the video menu? I love the concept of the Quartz Skin with the custom favorites instead of custom folders (which I'm preferring) or custom smart lists there. In this way you can put all contents in the menu that are "favoritable" (folders, smart lists, add ons, ...) without integrating too much custom elements in the options. In this way you can delete the trailer part, because you can favorite your preffered trailer add on, rename it to "trailer" and put it in the options in one of the custom favorite slots (there are no german trailer at "The Trailers"). I tested it by adding one custom favorites - and it is working like a charm in reFocus. Laugh

5. Some translations for the reFocus german language file for the reFocus BIG specific strings:

Code:
<string id="31017">Altersfreigabe</string>
<!--programs-->
<string id="31992">Programm</string>

<!--moviesets-->
<string id="31993">Movie Sets</string>

[i](note: I don't like "Zusammenstellungen" for "movie sets")[/i]

<!--date-->
<string id="31994">Datum anzeigen</string>

<!--artist logos-->
<string id="31995">Aktiviere Künstler-Logos für Musik</string>
<string id="31996">Wähle Verzeichnis für Musik</string>

<!--realaska-->
<string id="31997">Aktiviere reAlaska-OSD</string>
<string id="31998">Aktiviere reAlaska-OSD-Progressbar</string>

6. Thank you all for your great work. If you all put your work and ideas in one reFocus reloaded, you can create the best user friendly skin around. Cool
(2012-06-23, 15:02)Sabish Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 18:03)Paul Salem Wrote: reFocus reLoaded seems a great name to me. Let's join forces Smile .

So Refocus ReLoaded it is ! Smile

(2012-06-22, 18:03)Paul Salem Wrote: I am absolutely delighted by the idea of collaborating together and have a small refocus team.
Thanks for the idea!

Me too Cool As it is, i think the skin is solid, but there's always room for improvement. IMO, the home menu lacks entry points to recently added media, so maybe we could work on that. I really like the "metro like" based skins, such as Experience and Lightbox, but i know some people don't. I also really like the search results page of refocus, and i think it would work great along with the vertical menu as it is. I will make a small mockup when i have time to show what i have in mind...

This is best news ever!

Refocus ReLoaded is a fantastic name. I can't wait to see what you guys are cooking.
This is my favorite mod, and now with realaska themes it got even better.
I am sure that with the new reloaded skin/mod things can only get better Big Grin
(2012-06-20, 23:52)newsilentsilver Wrote: Strange, strange, strange ... accidently I found out something interesting. As I said that all on ATV1 is working well now, my color theme was "lime". After I changed to default, I began to cry because the indicators are away again Some times later I tested all 8 color themes on ATV1 and ATV2. My results:

ATV1:
default = no
black leather = yes
denim = no
fabric = no

lime = yes
red = no
royal = no
wood = no

ATV2:
default = no
black leather = yes
denim = no
fabric = no

lime = yes
red = no
royal = no
wood = no

It seems to me, that the indicators are only working with the two color themes "lime" and "black leather". I hope, this can help you to find the bug?

i have the same issue. ever since refocus hit 0.9.6 i have had issues with resumeable indicators, not just on my openelec installs (of which i have three) but on windows installs as well. i'm not sure what the issue is since others seem to have it and some don't.
(2012-06-25, 00:21)wolfbiker Wrote: i have the same issue. ever since refocus hit 0.9.6 i have had issues with resumeable indicators, not just on my openelec installs (of which i have three) but on windows installs as well. i'm not sure what the issue is since others seem to have it and some don't.

Btw., is it a bug of xbmc that the resume overlay in file mode is visible after stopping a file and after browsing and coming back the next time it's gone?

(2012-06-25, 00:45)newsilentsilver Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 00:21)wolfbiker Wrote: i have the same issue. ever since refocus hit 0.9.6 i have had issues with resumeable indicators, not just on my openelec installs (of which i have three) but on windows installs as well. i'm not sure what the issue is since others seem to have it and some don't.

Btw., is it a bug of xbmc that the resume overlay in file mode is visible after stopping a file and after browsing and coming back the next time it's gone?

i don't think it's a bug, i just don't think xbmc keeps track of that info for files. i believe it's only for movies and tv shows...things added to your library. files aren't part of the library.
Hi, first off I want to thank you guys. This skin is great.

A problem I'm having is that in the realaska OSD, I get empty space to the left of the text instead of the show banner presumably. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

i had the same issue fakeil.
(2012-06-25, 02:50)wolfbiker Wrote: i don't think it's a bug, i just don't think xbmc keeps track of that info for files. i believe it's only for movies and tv shows...things added to your library. files aren't part of the library.

No, files are resumable. Wink

(2012-06-23, 20:32)PatrickBateman Wrote: This is great news,

Can I make a small request though, if it's a calibration, can we please have an option for the fonts in Sabishs mod, and the small clock etc as I think Sabishs new font is so beautiful, and the smaller font/colck etc is better for large screens, where as the big mod is better for small screens (IMO)

I like the big mod, but the fonts just dont work, whereas Sabishs mod totally and completely nailed it for me. That font, the size, the colours etc are just Fantasic Smile

Looking forward to seeing what's next for this guys.
So grateful of the work you guys are doing.
Pat~

Hey Paul,

I agree with Patrick, my fontset + the ability to choose between small and big clock are the only things missing : if we go for the "all in 1", it has to stay coherent whether you choose a light combination, or a stronger one.

Plus, for whatever reason, your package with all the mods seems to have a lot less issues with clearart/studios logos/overlays/etc. not showing up than my mods, so it may be best to have one and only mod with all the goodies to spot remaining bugs, etc.

...when everything is stable, we can change the name to reFocus reLoaded and start from there Wink
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.615