Apple TV 2 on 4.4.4 with old xbmc, should I update to 5.0.1?
I just bought this with 4.4.4 and eden beta 2 on it. So i need to update xbmc and I want to know if I should update to 5.0.1 or not?

I like the look of the 5.0.1 better but I want to know if the responsiveness will be better or worse in xbmc....

Is 5.0.1 all around better for Apple TV 2 with xbmc eden?
4.4.4 is 5.0.1 in appletv2 land.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I think he means 5.1 since that is where the look changed.
I was speaking of apple software... Doesn't matter now. I updated and re jailbroke! Looks and works great thanks.

But I still see firecore settings icon on home screen...? Shouldn't it be just the settings icon once I was done?

5.0.1/Apple software = 5.1.1/IOS
(2012-06-01, 21:49)crimsonfury Wrote: I was speaking of apple software... Doesn't matter now. I updated and re jailbroke! Looks and works great thanks.

But I still see firecore settings icon on home screen...? Shouldn't it be just the settings icon once I was done?

5.0.1/Apple software = 5.1.1/IOS

Takes a few reboots/time limit but it will go back.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Hej Crimsonfury,
I have the same question you had.
How have you successfully to update it to 5.0.1 and how you jailbreaked it again?
Thank you in advance.
You do full restore in iTunes, use latest seasonpass, and follow the wiki for install.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-06-05, 23:11)pecinko Wrote: You do full restore in iTunes, use latest seasonpass, and follow the wiki for install.

What he said. But I still have the FireCore logo for my settings. I have reset and unplugged the ATV2 about 10 times now in the last 5 days.

Also should it be running at 98% cpu usage in movies searching? It has crashed on me a few times now and I think the CPU is running to high...
xbmc always runs a hard as it can. All spare cycles are used to refresh the display as fast as possible.
It always went on 4.4.4 and you could use dirty regions to stop CPU usage being so high.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Disable addons, mine crashed quite a bit until i disabled randomitems, randomlast and watchlist.

Then it just crashed every now and then until i disabled auto update of addons.

ATV2 doesn't like doing too many things at once.

As far as the firecore logo, I still have it after the jb first came out, my question is, why does it matter that it shows or not? You can still access everything.
I don't have FC logo.

I had all sort of problems with nitoTv installed so you might try uninstalling that if you have it on your ATV.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Is there any benefit of keeping 4.4.4? I hear a lot of people wanting to switch back from 5.1..Any reason why?
(2012-07-16, 07:52)Mar22 Wrote: Is there any benefit of keeping 4.4.4? I hear a lot of people wanting to switch back from 5.1..Any reason why?

Pleas read before asking questions which have been answered many time.

Quote:If you haven't updated your ATV, it is highly recommended to stay on ATV software version on or before 4.3 due to 4.3 being more efficient and giving XBMC more system resources.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Apple_TV_2

FAQ in my sig.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 2 on 4.4.4 with old xbmc, should I update to 5.0.1?0