Ultra Budget HTPC Build - feedback wanted!
(2012-06-16, 15:10)Turdpeterson Wrote: anyway while the on-board intel grafics did work fine with anything i threw at it in MPC-HC
i had constant lock ups in XBMC, so i ended up just using the gt 440, solved all my problems. if it was not for the xbmc issues the intel grafics would
have been fine i think, i didnt have any high bitrate mkv's to to test, but standerd sized 1080p movies 10 to 18gb
would play fine, personaly i normally just download 720p versions around 5gb for my media center, any moive that i want
in high quailty i buy blurays anyway, and im over 800 movies in my bluray collection, my htpc is more for tv shows and
movies i dont care to own on bluray, if i could solve the xbmc problems, i would scrap the 440 in favor of noise reduction
Did you disable DXVA2 as show in my screen shots below? You can select "High Performance" power option in Windows 7 control panel too...

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
God job Turdpeterson this looks like a nice mid build i would love to see something like this in the $150 range
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
I am considering the ECS H61H2-M2 MB and G530 combination for XBMC using Windows XP.

Have any of you using this MB had problems with the Atheros ethernet? I seem to recall having problems with Atheros NICs in the past.
Are there any difference in capabilities(excluding games) of a G540 WITHOUT dedicated GPU and say the a6-3500 or the i3 3220? Would streaming from server to multiple boxes effect this?
(2012-09-17, 22:31)bwall244 Wrote: Are there any difference in capabilities(excluding games) of a G540 WITHOUT dedicated GPU and say the a6-3500 or the i3 3220? Would streaming from server to multiple boxes effect this?
If you don't care about 3d, it should be very similar....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ultra Budget HTPC Build - feedback wanted!0