No removable devices showing under Video-Files
Hi,

Tried to search google and this forum but was unable find a straight answer.

I installed XBMC Eden in an acer desktop core 2 duo 1.8GHz 2GB ram, windows 7 ultimate, onboard ati x1250 with hdmi output.

Everything seems to work fine (rmvb files are a bit choppy but maybe it's the codecs) but when I select Video->Files and insert a USB flash drive with some media it does not show up. Only options are Add files, Playlists, and something else I can't recall right now.

If I go to Settings->File Manager, the device shows up there and I can play it from there.

Why doesn't it show up in Video-Files? Can I fix this?
When I had the same setup with the same machine but Win Vista this worked...

Thanks!
Be sure you have at least one static video files source defined, either from your local hard disk or from a local file server to which your system has access. For the sake of discussion, let's say this source is your "My Videos" folder. After that's done, you can then insert your USB drive, select Videos -> Files and your USB drive should be listed along with the "My Videos" file source you had previously added.

Edit:
I just reread your post where you said:
Quote:but when I select Video->Files and insert a USB flash drive with some media it does not show up.
You may want to insert your USB drive, wait a few seconds for the drive to mount, and then select Videos -> Files. I've found that if the Videos -> Files list is already displayed and I then insert a USB drive, it takes quite a while before the list is refreshed and the USB drive is added to the list.
I just tested and my USB drive pops up almost instantly inside of XBMC with Video->Files open. It should pop up in the same amount of time it takes Windows to make the drive accessible. Maybe it is the USB drive itself taking a bit to mount. Have you tried any other USB drives?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No removable devices showing under Video-Files0