• 30(current)
xbmc minified as a server?
i get stuck trying to start the daemon on slackware 13.37. apparently slackware doesnt have start-stop-daemon.

anyone know how to start it with out it?
The update-rc.d command creates symlinks in the /etc/rc[0-6].d/ directories to the xbmc-server script in /etc/init.d/.
(2013-05-03, 22:10)leechguy Wrote: The update-rc.d command creates symlinks in the /etc/rc[0-6].d/ directories to the xbmc-server script in /etc/init.d/.

well i skipped this part:
Code:
cd /etc/init.d
sudo wget https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20980813/xbmc-server
sudo chmod 744 xbmc-server
sudo update-rc.d xbmc-server defaults

because a) the command wasnt found in slackware and b) i think i only need it to start xbmc on start up, which i dont want to do anyway.

i then did:
Code:
sudo service xbmc-server start

but 'service' is also not available for slackware. i tried to start the xbmc-server init script manually but it uses the 'start-stop-daemon' to start xbmc which, surprise, is not available on slackware.

here is the relevant section of the init script:

Code:
DAEMON=/usr/local/sbin/xbmcserver/xbmc-server
DAEMON_OPTS=" --no-test --nolirc -p"

# script name
NAME=xbmc

# app name
DESC=XBMC

# user
RUN_AS=xbmc

# Path of the PID file
PID_FILE=/var/run/xbmc.pid

set -e

case "$1" in
  start)
        echo "Starting $DESC"

start-stop-daemon --start -c $RUN_AS --background --pidfile $PID_FILE  --make-pidfile --exec $DAEMON -- $DAEMON_OPTS
        ;;

when i try to manually run:

Code:
/usr/local/sbin/xbmcserver/xbmc-server --no-test --nolirc -p"

i get:
Code:
bash-4.1# /opt/xbmc-server/xbmc-server --no-test --nolirc -p
XBMC Media Center 13.0-ALPHA4 Git:20130502-83ac119
Copyright (C) 2005-2011 Team XBMC - http://www.xbmc.org

Starting XBMC Server

ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting

so thats where i'm at. any ideas?
i got it working. turns out it wouldnt start because there was no guisettings.xml. i created an empty one and it started. but now i have another question. it looks like when i cloned head from github it was a gotham alpha. will this create issues as the other versions using the mysql shared are on the latest stable frodo? can i clone from that version?
The database versions must be equal for all clients/server.

In your cloned directory, do:

Code:
git tag -l

This should give you a list with all tagged versions. Lookup the tag name of the version that you are running on your clients and do:

Code:
git checkout tags/<tagname>

Replace <tagname> by the version you want to checkout, e.g.:

Code:
git checkout tags/12.2-Frodo

Next bootstrap, configure and make again. That should do it.
right, i know the database version has to be the same. i just wasnt sure if head used a different one. but the git commands you gave was exactly what i was looking for. thanks.
In case anyone is having trouble compiling/linking the Video Library Scan sample app on Gotham, here is a new make file...

Code:
include ../Makefile.include

SOURCES := xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp

LFLAGS += -lxbmc -lstdc++ -L..

#INCLUDES += -I.

# Objs are all the sources, with .cpp replaced by .o
OBJS := $(SOURCES:.cpp=.o)

all: xbmcVideoLibraryScan

xbmcVideoLibraryScan: $(OBJS)
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o xbmcVideoLibraryScan $(OBJS) AppParamParser.o XbmcContext.o $(LFLAGS) $(LIBS)

# Get a .o from a .cpp by calling compiler with cflags and includes (if defined)
.cpp.o:
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) -c $<
bobbintb,

since you are building it in slackware, could you share your steps?

It would provide us with a nice guide for how to install this on unraid (slackware based)

Thanks
i pretty much just followed kraven's guide and adapted it to slackware 13.37:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1262063

i had a few hang ups, namely no taglib 1.8 and libmicrohttpd package for slackware so i had to compile them myself. they are here if you need them:

https://github.com/bobbintb/Slackware-13.37-libs

all the others were easily found on pkgs.org.
i also disable a few more things. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1288428 i didnt make an init script yet but i will have to do that since the one in the guide uses debian commands not in slackware. i can send you it already compiled if youd like. i see you responded to my thread in the unraid forum so im guessing thats what your interest is in.
i dont get the portable_data folder created when i start the program. anyone else have this issue? i can manually create them and it's fine. also, does anyone know of a way to suppress notifications? if sickbeard sends one it will segfault.
Hello folks!

I need your help. I just try now for days to compile a Headless Version of xbmc. I make this on two different Systems,
(Centos6.4 and Ubuntu Precise) but i failed every time i try to compile the xbmc-server.cpp and xbmc-videolibaryscan.cpp app.

For Centos, there are some Modifications in order to get Taglib realized from the Configure Command (Update CMAKE to 2.8.8 outside yum, export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/" ), but both Hosts have the same Base Level now.

What i make so far. (On both Machines)

Code:
//  Install Taglib this way as per one of Odin's posts.

cd /usr/src
wget https://github.com/downloads/taglib/taglib/taglib-1.8.tar.gz
tar xzf taglib-1.8.tar.gz
cd taglib-1.8
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DCMAKE_RELEASE_TYPE=Release .
make
make install
rm /usr/local/lib/libtag*.a
cp /usr/src/taglib-1.8/taglib/libtag.so.1 /lib

git clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
cd xbmc

//  at this point copy the make_xbmc-server, make_xbmcVideoLibraryScan, xbmc-server.cpp, xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp into ~/xbmc/xbmc

./bootstrap
./configure  --enable-shared-lib  --disable-debug --disable-vdpau  --disable-vaapi --disable-crystalhd  --disable-vdadecoder  --disable-vtbdecoder  --disable-openmax  --disable-joystick --disable-xrandr  --disable-rsxs  --disable-projectm --disable-rtmp  --disable-airplay --disable-airtunes --disable-dvdcss --disable-optical-drive  --disable-libbluray --disable-libusb  --disable-libcec  --disable-libmp3lame  --disable-libcap
make install

cp libxbmc.so /lib
cp libxbmc.so /lib64

ldconfig

cd xbmc
make -f make_xbmcVideoLibraryScan all
make -f make_xbmc-server all

In order to run this command i have to edit in the "xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp"

Code:
Change the line from  #include "settings/AppParamParser.h" to #include "AppParamParser.h"

But both of the above make commands fails with the following error Messages.

Code:
[root@localhost xbmc]# make -f make_xbmcVideoLibraryScan all                                                                                                                                
/usr/bin/ccache gcc -O2  -fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DNDEBUG=1 -o xbmcVideoLibraryScan xbmcVideoLibraryScan.o -lxbmc -lstdc++ -L..              
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.o: In function `main':                                                                                                                                                
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text+0x697): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::Context()'                                                                                                  
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text+0x71e): undefined reference to `CAppParamParser::CAppParamParser()'                                                                                        
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text+0x72b): undefined reference to `CAppParamParser::Parse(char const**, int)'                                                                                  
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text+0x986): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::~Context()'                                                                                                  
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text+0xbca): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::~Context()'                                                                                                  
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status                                                                                                                                                        
make: *** [xbmcVideoLibraryScan] Error 1

Code:
[root@localhost xbmc]# make -f make_xbmc-server all                                                                                                                                        
/usr/bin/ccache gcc -O2  -fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DNDEBUG=1 -o xbmc-server xbmc-server.o -lxbmc -lstdc++ -L..                                
xbmc-server.o: In function `main':                                                                                                                                                          
xbmc-server.cpp:(.text+0x532): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::Context()'                                                                                                            
xbmc-server.cpp:(.text+0x63f): undefined reference to `CAppParamParser::CAppParamParser()'                                                                                                  
xbmc-server.cpp:(.text+0x64c): undefined reference to `CAppParamParser::Parse(char const**, int)'                                                                                          
xbmc-server.cpp:(.text+0x794): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::~Context()'                                                                                                          
xbmc-server.cpp:(.text+0x952): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::~Context()'                                                                                                          
make: *** [xbmc-server] Error 1

I think this happends if the libxbmc.so is not recognized but i have issued ldconfig.

I have also tryed to addng the SRCS+=../xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp line before LIB=xbmc.a rather than at the end of the Makefile.

Has anyone a suggestion for what i'am doing wrong here?

Much thnx for your support!!

Michael
(2013-05-23, 11:03)codemanat Wrote: Hello folks!

I need your help. I just try now for days to compile a Headless Version of xbmc. I make this on two different Systems,
(Centos6.4 and Ubuntu Precise) but i failed every time i try to compile the xbmc-server.cpp and xbmc-videolibaryscan.cpp app.

For Centos, there are some Modifications in order to get Taglib realized from the Configure Command (Update CMAKE to 2.8.8 outside yum, export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/" ), but both Hosts have the same Base Level now.

What i make so far. (On both Machines)

Code:
//  Install Taglib this way as per one of Odin's posts.

cd /usr/src
wget https://github.com/downloads/taglib/taglib/taglib-1.8.tar.gz
tar xzf taglib-1.8.tar.gz
cd taglib-1.8
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DCMAKE_RELEASE_TYPE=Release .
make
make install
rm /usr/local/lib/libtag*.a
cp /usr/src/taglib-1.8/taglib/libtag.so.1 /lib

git clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
cd xbmc

//  at this point copy the make_xbmc-server, make_xbmcVideoLibraryScan, xbmc-server.cpp, xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp into ~/xbmc/xbmc

./bootstrap
./configure  --enable-shared-lib  --disable-debug --disable-vdpau  --disable-vaapi --disable-crystalhd  --disable-vdadecoder  --disable-vtbdecoder  --disable-openmax  --disable-joystick --disable-xrandr  --disable-rsxs  --disable-projectm --disable-rtmp  --disable-airplay --disable-airtunes --disable-dvdcss --disable-optical-drive  --disable-libbluray --disable-libusb  --disable-libcec  --disable-libmp3lame  --disable-libcap
make install

cp libxbmc.so /lib
cp libxbmc.so /lib64

ldconfig

cd xbmc
make -f make_xbmcVideoLibraryScan all
make -f make_xbmc-server all

In order to run this command i have to edit in the "xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp"

Code:
Change the line from  #include "settings/AppParamParser.h" to #include "AppParamParser.h"

But both of the above make commands fails with the following error Messages.

Code:
[root@localhost xbmc]# make -f make_xbmcVideoLibraryScan all                                                                                                                                
/usr/bin/ccache gcc -O2  -fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DNDEBUG=1 -o xbmcVideoLibraryScan xbmcVideoLibraryScan.o -lxbmc -lstdc++ -L..              
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.o: In function `main':                                                                                                                                                
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text+0x697): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::Context()'                                                                                                  
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text+0x71e): undefined reference to `CAppParamParser::CAppParamParser()'                                                                                        
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text+0x72b): undefined reference to `CAppParamParser::Parse(char const**, int)'                                                                                  
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text+0x986): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::~Context()'                                                                                                  
xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp:(.text+0xbca): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::~Context()'                                                                                                  
make: *** [xbmcVideoLibraryScan] Error 1

Code:
[root@localhost xbmc]# make -f make_xbmc-server all                                                                                                                                        
/usr/bin/ccache gcc -O2  -fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DNDEBUG=1 -o xbmc-server xbmc-server.o -lxbmc -lstdc++ -L..                                
xbmc-server.o: In function `main':                                                                                                                                                          
xbmc-server.cpp:(.text+0x532): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::Context()'                                                                                                            
xbmc-server.cpp:(.text+0x63f): undefined reference to `CAppParamParser::CAppParamParser()'                                                                                                  
xbmc-server.cpp:(.text+0x64c): undefined reference to `CAppParamParser::Parse(char const**, int)'                                                                                          
xbmc-server.cpp:(.text+0x794): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::~Context()'                                                                                                          
xbmc-server.cpp:(.text+0x952): undefined reference to `XBMC::Context::~Context()'                                                                                                          
make: *** [xbmc-server] Error 1

I think this happends if the libxbmc.so is not recognized but i have issued ldconfig.

I have also tryed to addng the SRCS+=../xbmcVideoLibraryScan.cpp line before LIB=xbmc.a rather than at the end of the Makefile.

Has anyone a suggestion for what i'am doing wrong here?

Much thnx for your support!!

Michael

You need to update your makefile to link AppParamParser.o XbmcContext.o. See post #442...
Is this headless xbmc planned for gotham?
(2013-05-23, 17:01)vicbitter Wrote: You need to update your makefile to link AppParamParser.o XbmcContext.o. See post #442...

That was exactly the Problem. It compiles and runs now without issues. Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees. ;-)

So thank you!!!

If anyone complain the same error, here is exactly what to do.

Edit both makefiles "make_xbmc-server" and "make_xbmcVideoLibraryScan" and add change the sections "xbmc-server:" and "xbmcVideoLibraryScan:" within.

from

Code:
# make_xbmc-server
xbmc-server: $(OBJS)
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o xbmc-server $(OBJS) $(LFLAGS) $(LIBS)

# make_xbmcVideoLibraryScan
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o xbmcVideoLibraryScan $(OBJS) $(LFLAGS) $(LIBS)

to

Code:
# make_xbmc-server
xbmc-server: $(OBJS)
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o xbmc-server $(OBJS) AppParamParser.o XbmcContext.o $(LFLAGS) $(LIBS)
# make_xbmcVideoLibraryScan
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o xbmcVideoLibraryScan $(OBJS) AppParamParser.o XbmcContext.o $(LFLAGS) $(LIBS)
hmmm... i have this built on slackware 13.37. i can get sickbeard to initiate a full library scan yet it doesnt seem to find anything. i also get errors from sickbeard when trying to update just one show. anyone had this issue or know what it going on?
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc minified as a server?9