• 45(current)
xbmc minified as a server?
Well when I start the service it seems to start fine but when I try browsing to the webserver I get nothing then when I try to stop the service it says the pic isn't running. If I start the service and stop it straight away it stops successfully.
(2014-05-10, 21:05)sparklyballs Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 21:02)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 21:01)brownbear1984 Wrote: Fma965 I followed your guide on Ubuntu server 14.04 32bit and it doesn't seem to stay running. There's nothing obvious in the logs so I thought it might be due to my os but after seeing your comment it may be something else.

Hmm thanks for that, although my xbmc-server does keep running i also don't see anything in logs but if it's not doing anything surely thats normal? Well if i get it sorted i will be sure to update/fix my guide.

also i got the dependencies by using the XBMC ppa (information in the ubuntu.readme in docs folder of the git pull)

i also compiled taglib from another source than that given in the readme i mentioned above.

Ok fingers crossed Smile

(2014-05-10, 21:06)brownbear1984 Wrote: Well when I start the service it seems to start fine but when I try browsing to the webserver I get nothing then when I try to stop the service it says the pic isn't running. If I start the service and stop it straight away it stops successfully.

i am having some of those issues, but it seems yours is just stopping for some reason where as mine is still running but doesn't work correctly :/

Well i'm currently apt-get update, upgrade then imma try it based partially on the unraid instructions Smile
(2014-05-10, 21:07)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 21:05)sparklyballs Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 21:02)fma965 Wrote: Hmm thanks for that, although my xbmc-server does keep running i also don't see anything in logs but if it's not doing anything surely thats normal? Well if i get it sorted i will be sure to update/fix my guide.

also i got the dependencies by using the XBMC ppa (information in the ubuntu.readme in docs folder of the git pull)

i also compiled taglib from another source than that given in the readme i mentioned above.

Ok fingers crossed Smile

(2014-05-10, 21:06)brownbear1984 Wrote: Well when I start the service it seems to start fine but when I try browsing to the webserver I get nothing then when I try to stop the service it says the pic isn't running. If I start the service and stop it straight away it stops successfully.

i am having some of those issues, but it seems yours is just stopping for some reason where as mine is still running but doesn't work correctly :/

Well i'm currently apt-get update, upgrade then imma try it based partially on the unraid instructions Smile

I'll try and follow the unraid instructions later.
Ok so im "make"ing it now.
(2014-05-10, 22:07)fma965 Wrote: Ok so im "make"ing it now.

Me too fingers crossed
Well it still isn't working for me, same thing, xbmc shows activity then stops and doesnt respond to webinterface or json Sad

does this look right?

Anyway...
i'm gonna stop this VM and create another one based on 12.10 minimal like this then just try the unraid instructions.
(2014-05-10, 22:43)fma965 Wrote: Well it still isn't working for me, same thing, xbmc shows activity then stops and doesnt respond to webinterface or json Sad

i'm gonna stop this VM and create another one based on 12.10 minimal like this then just try the unraid instructions.

same here looking at top xbmc-server.bin starts and then disappears.
(2014-05-10, 22:48)brownbear1984 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 22:43)fma965 Wrote: Well it still isn't working for me, same thing, xbmc shows activity then stops and doesnt respond to webinterface or json Sad

same here looking at top xbmc-server.bin starts and then disappears.

mine doesn't disapear though.
Doing an install from scratch on Ubuntu 12.10 as in your post I get the following error when applying the patch, is this an actual error or safe to ignore.

xbmc-server.patch:482: trailing whitespace.
// SDL redefines main as SDL_main
xbmc-server.patch:569: trailing whitespace.
if (!g_application.IsVideoScanning())

this is being built on a virtual machine with Xen
(2014-05-10, 22:57)marshcroft Wrote: Doing an install from scratch on Ubuntu 12.10 as in your post I get the following error when applying the patch, is this an actual error or safe to ignore.

at a educated guess i would say its fine, its just saying there is "spaces" which don't need to / shouldn't be there. Doesn't look like it breaks anything though as the files are still built etc.
(2014-05-10, 22:59)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 22:57)marshcroft Wrote: Doing an install from scratch on Ubuntu 12.10 as in your post I get the following error when applying the patch, is this an actual error or safe to ignore.

at a educated guess i would say its fine, its just saying there is "spaces" which don't need to / shouldn't be there. Doesn't look like it breaks anything though as the files are still built etc.

<<<< can confirm the white spaces thing is absolutely fine.
If any one wants to figure this out together join this simple chatbox/livechat thingy. obviously all results will get posted back here once we get a conclusion Smile
https://www.yourshoutbox.com/shoutbox/sb...=426144556
Thanks, I couldn't get the webserver to start on any port. I changed the services section in the guisettings.xml to the below and now all is good with the webserver

<services>
<airplay>false</airplay>
<airplaypassword></airplaypassword>
<devicename>XBMC</devicename>
<esallinterfaces>false</esallinterfaces>
<escontinuousdelay>25</escontinuousdelay>
<esenabled>true</esenabled>
<esinitialdelay>750</esinitialdelay>
<esmaxclients>20</esmaxclients>
<esport>9777</esport>
<esportrange>10</esportrange>
<upnprenderer>false</upnprenderer>
<upnpserver>false</upnpserver>
<useairplaypassword>false</useairplaypassword>
<webserver>true</webserver>
<webserverpassword></webserverpassword>
<webserverport>8080</webserverport>
<webserverusername>xbmc</webserverusername>
<webskin>webinterface.default</webskin>
<zeroconf>true</zeroconf>
</services>
(2014-05-10, 23:38)marshcroft Wrote: Thanks, I couldn't get the webserver to start on any port. I changed the services section in the guisettings.xml to the below and now all is good with the webserver

<services>
<airplay>false</airplay>
<airplaypassword></airplaypassword>
<devicename>XBMC</devicename>
<esallinterfaces>false</esallinterfaces>
<escontinuousdelay>25</escontinuousdelay>
<esenabled>true</esenabled>
<esinitialdelay>750</esinitialdelay>
<esmaxclients>20</esmaxclients>
<esport>9777</esport>
<esportrange>10</esportrange>
<upnprenderer>false</upnprenderer>
<upnpserver>false</upnpserver>
<useairplaypassword>false</useairplaypassword>
<webserver>true</webserver>
<webserverpassword></webserverpassword>
<webserverport>8080</webserverport>
<webserverusername>xbmc</webserverusername>
<webskin>webinterface.default</webskin>
<zeroconf>true</zeroconf>
</services>
whats actually different?
------------------
It worked Smile

all the default="" are taken out not that I would expect those to make any difference i,e
<airplay default="true">false</airplay>
to
<airplay>false</airplay>

and the following 2 entries are removed

deleted out

<upnpannounce default="true">true</upnpannounce>
<upnpcontroller default="true">false</upnpcontroller
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc minified as a server?9