• 46(current)
xbmc minified as a server?
(2014-05-10, 23:51)marshcroft Wrote: all the default="" are taken out not that I would expect those to make any difference i,e
<airplay default="true">false</airplay>
to
<airplay>false</airplay>

and the following 2 entries are removed

deleted out

<upnpannounce default="true">true</upnpannounce>
<upnpcontroller default="true">false</upnpcontroller

hmm strange, i dont see any of that making a difference but... well i guess it is lol, Thanks for the info.
my services section, my server has been running non-stop since friday evening, (it's now just turned sunday)

<services>
<airplaypassword default="true"></airplaypassword>
<airplayvolumecontrol default="true">true</airplayvolumecontrol>
<devicename default="true">XBMC</devicename>
<esallinterfaces default="true">false</esallinterfaces>
<escontinuousdelay default="true">25</escontinuousdelay>
<esenabled default="true">true</esenabled>
<esinitialdelay default="true">750</esinitialdelay>
<esport default="true">9777</esport>
<esportrange default="true">10</esportrange>
<upnpcontroller default="true">false</upnpcontroller>
<upnprenderer default="true">false</upnprenderer>
<upnpserver default="true">false</upnpserver>
<useairplaypassword default="true">false</useairplaypassword>
<webserver>true</webserver>
<webserverpassword>*********</webserverpassword>
<webserverport>8080</webserverport>
<webserverusername default="true">xbmc</webserverusername>
<webskin default="true">webinterface.default</webskin>
<zeroconf default="true">false</zeroconf>
</services>

the only thing i changed from a default guisettings.xml file is the following values, (i of course have obscured my password)

<webserver>true</webserver>
<webserverpassword>*********</webserverpassword>
<webserverport>8080</webserverport>
(2014-05-11, 00:05)fma965 Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 23:51)marshcroft Wrote: all the default="" are taken out not that I would expect those to make any difference i,e
to
<airplay>false</airplay>

and the following 2 entries are removed

deleted out

<upnpcontroller default="true">false</upnpcontroller

hmm strange, i dont see any of that making a difference but... well i guess it is lol, Thanks for the info.

i'm going to hazard a quess that it doesn't like running on port 80. which as i recall in your original setup it was set to do.
Got it working , new guide tommorow well today (after i sleep)
http://cyanlabs.co.uk/tutorials/guide-he...-for-linux

Decided to update the guide tonight instead. check the link above for the fixed/updated version.
Glad you managed to finally get it working mate was it libtag1? Did you have a chance to test Ubuntu server?
(2014-05-11, 13:19)brownbear1984 Wrote: Glad you managed to finally get it working mate was it libtag1? Did you have a chance to test Ubuntu server?

Yeah I think it was, nah not yet will try it In a bit Smile
(2014-05-11, 13:19)brownbear1984 Wrote: Glad you managed to finally get it working mate was it libtag1? Did you have a chance to test Ubuntu server?

I tried an install in ubuntu server 14.04 and couldn't make it fly. It compiles ok but just doesn't stay running, it throws up a segmentation fault.
(2014-05-11, 14:24)sparklyballs Wrote:

I tried an install in ubuntu server 14.04 and couldn't make it fly. It compiles ok but just doesn't stay running, it throws up a segmentation fault.

hmm, i guess next would be a 14.04 minimal/desktop install and see if it does the same... which i believe it will.
(2014-05-11, 14:27)fma965 Wrote:

hmm, i guess next would be a 14.04 minimal/desktop install and see if it does the same... which i believe it will.

i'm suspecting that it's either something called gconftool, dbus or the jre headless dependencies that are causing the problem. with my initial install of dependencies there were errors in their installation, the gconftool error was something about not finding an x11 window. but my linux skills fall short and this is only a suspicion.

Ahh so I guess either Ubuntu server or 14.04 is not compatible. Did you check Dmesg for any errors?
(2014-05-11, 14:31)brownbear1984 Wrote:

Ahh so I guess either Ubuntu server or 14.04 is not compatible. Did you check Dmesg for any errors?

[ 27.658879] xbmc-server.bin[834]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f9c31e88d7d sp 00007fffc21e1a50 error 4 in libxbmc.so[7f9c314e0000+18b2000]
Hey guys,

I just successfully build a Gotham version of xbmc-server. I've mostly used fma965's instructions, with some changes:

- libtag wouldn't work properly, so I compiled my own as per these instructions: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1205950

- After doing the same thing as sparklyballs (removing the default="" things in guisettings.xml for the webserver config) it's now also running fine and accepting json requests.

I noticed an important difference with the previous version that xbmc.log is showing less. Before I used to be able to see exactly which path xbmc was scanning and which plugins it loaded. Right now I don't see that info. It doesn't appear to be a setting for the default debug levels, but I really hope to somehow use it again.

My system is an Ubuntu Server 12.04 install. It's an old system so it has a bunch of unused crap on it, which probably caused the libtag issue.
(2014-05-11, 21:10)XBL. Wrote: Hey guys,

I just successfully build a Gotham version of xbmc-server. I've mostly used fma965's instructions, with some changes:

- libtag wouldn't work properly, so I compiled my own as per these instructions: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1205950

- After doing the same thing as sparklyballs (removing the default="" things in guisettings.xml for the webserver config) it's now also running fine and accepting json requests.

I noticed an important difference with the previous version that xbmc.log is showing less. Before I used to be able to see exactly which path xbmc was scanning and which plugins it loaded. Right now I don't see that info. It doesn't appear to be a setting for the default debug levels, but I really hope to somehow use it again.

My system is an Ubuntu Server 12.04 install. It's an old system so it has a bunch of unused crap on it, which probably caused the libtag issue.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...l#loglevel

Smile
(2014-05-11, 23:14)fma965 Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...l#loglevel

Smile
My bad, you're right.

It's weird though, the previous version didn't require me to set the loglevel in advancedsettings.xml (I simply copied the old advancedsettings.xml, so I'm sure about that), this is why I assumed that it was something "extra" xbmc-server did. Oh well, doesn't really matter... it's working beautifully again Smile.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc minified as a server?9