• 24(current)
xbmc minified as a server?
I decided to create a new database for xbmc (testing purposes) and now im faced with another porblem...

DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for '4 - Rise Of The Silver Surfer' using Universal Scraper scraper (path: '/opt/xbmc-server/portable_data/addons/metadata.universal', content: 'movies', version: '2.1.6')
WARNING: failed to load scraper XML

Any hints? And i have checked and checked and the folder and all that is there
I just have my server connect locally through the same NFS share which means that all of my XBMC clients and server share the same sources.xml file. Considering we're just updating or cleaning the database on the server then the NFS overhead/throughput doesn't affect much and I don't have to hack sources around..

I once tried changing the server to local paths and all of the clients just used the nfs shares. I did a 'clean library' on the server and it cleaned OUT the entire database. THAT sucked Smile

As for your second. I think the Universal Scraper is listed as 'broken' currently. Use the default which is The Movie Database

Code:
DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for 'Random Movie Name here so the FBI doesn't track me down and kill me' using The Movie Database scraper (path: '/root/.xbmc/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '3.7.2')
its because you still didn't realise that nfs permissions are all about uid mapping. The userid your local xbmc runs under is different from the uid of the other mashines i guess.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Broken?? its the same scrapper that i copied over from another machine... I also like the imdb's ratings and info etc. also i find The movie database has different dates for some movies and all my movies are matched to imdb's naming scheme's...... So it would be really good if i can continue to use Universal Scraper.

Quote:its because you still didn't realise that nfs permissions are all about uid mapping. The userid your local xbmc runs under is different from the uid of the other mashines i guess.
I dont claim to know too much about nfs but from the settings i used, I assumed it didn't matter about uid's etc and made it freely open, with that said the machines has 1000 as local is being run under root with id 0.... So this could be the problem? Also the permissions for the folders are readable and executable by everyone.
With the various squash options enabled the uid of connecting clients is "501" or "nobody" so if the files are all owned by root and user nobody doesn't have read access to them then that could be your problem. Truthfully, I don't really know WHAT your problem is Smile

All of my media files are owned by root:root with 644 set as chmod. All folders are 755. I connect server and clients through the same NFS shares for ease of sources.xml. This "just works" for me but isn't the most secure honestly but they're just movies..

Yh well all my media is 775 owned by user me and video group, I will play around with it more when i can be bothered next, and if all else fails, i might have to dumb it down and use default scrappers and pathings etc. Sad Thanks. Also i dont worry about security on an internal network considering its only me in the network the rest is firewalled from wan.
(2013-01-23, 02:43)Zelluar Wrote: ... I assumed it didn't matter about uid's etc and made it freely open, with that said the machines has 1000 as local is being run under root with id 0.... So this could be the problem? Also the permissions for the folders are readable and executable by everyone.

So what happens when you start xbmc-server using the user that has id 1000 on the server? (You may need to change ownership the xbmc-server binary and directories.) There should be no reason why the xbmc-server needs to be run as root.
(2013-01-24, 13:53)leechguy Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 02:43)Zelluar Wrote: ... I assumed it didn't matter about uid's etc and made it freely open, with that said the machines has 1000 as local is being run under root with id 0.... So this could be the problem? Also the permissions for the folders are readable and executable by everyone.

So what happens when you start xbmc-server using the user that has id 1000 on the server? (You may need to change ownership the xbmc-server binary and directories.) There should be no reason why the xbmc-server needs to be run as root.

Thanks, that has fixed the nfs problem, doesn't matter what user, just seemed to not allow root. but i normally test under root to rule out many other causes.... Again thanks, and if anyone has info about the failed to load scraper xml, then please fill me in.
The addon.xml file lists the following dependencies:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="metadata.universal"
       name="Universal Scraper"
       version="2.1.6"
       provider-name="Olympia, Team XBMC">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.metadata" version="1.0"/>
    <import addon="metadata.common.themoviedb.org" version="2.9.0"/>
    <import addon="metadata.common.movieposterdb.com" version="1.0.5"/>
    <import addon="metadata.common.imdb.com" version="2.2.3"/>
    <import addon="metadata.common.impa.com" version="1.0.3"/>
    <import addon="metadata.common.hdtrailers.net" version="1.0.7"/>
    <import addon="metadata.common.youtubetrailers" version="1.0.4"/>
    <import addon="metadata.common.rt.com" version="1.3.0"/>
    <import addon="metadata.common.ofdb.de" version="1.0.0"/>
    <import addon="metadata.common.trakt.tv" version="1.0.0"/>
    <import addon="metadata.common.port.hu" version="1.0.0"/>
  </requires>

The listed required add-ons, are they all installed as well? In your 'pastebin' log I could only find metadata.common.themoviedb.org, metadata.common.imdb.com and metadata.common.hdtrailers.net.

When you have it all up and running, you may want to go through your addons once more and throw out the ones that you're not using (e.g. the screensavers). That may lower the memory footprint even further.
Perfect, Thanks alot mate, All is working good now Smile
Following Kraven's instructions on Wheezy, I get stuck on ./configure. it says i'm missing a library, but I can't figure out which. OMV users, did you not run into this? I can only assume its from libtag.

It should tell you what you're missing (it will halt the ./configure process the moment it cannot find something mandatory). If it is libtag, you should see if you can get a version suitable for OMV. I believe OMV is debian based, so a simple apt-get could solve it. If that doesn't help, try compiling libtag yourself according to the instructions in the docs/README.ubuntu. Maybe have a look at the docs/README.linux as well, as it also contains some generic instructions regarding debian.
Yep it was libtag. apt-get said it was already installed, I went back and used bootleg's instructions to compile it for squeeze and it configured fine.

edit: spoke too soon. When I make xbmc I get a bunch of undefined references in TagLoaderTagLib.cpp. I tried making the lib/taglib as well as the one referenced by bootlegninja. Either seem to make and make install correctly, but even if I do ldconfig after it still gives me the undefined references. Any ideas?
After compiling the Frodo-Release (tar-link from Wiki) i get a segmentation fault. Frodo-RC1 (?) worked fine. taglib is compiled manually. libcurl-linking didn't help, too
Frodo is out: Maybe someone can write a tutorial compiling a clean 12.0-Frodo xbmc-server Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2013-02-02, 11:47)Solo0815 Wrote: After compiling the Frodo-Release (tar-link from Wiki) i get a segmentation fault. Frodo-RC1 (?) worked fine. taglib is compiled manually. libcurl-linking didn't help, too
Frodo is out: Maybe someone can write a tutorial compiling a clean 12.0-Frodo xbmc-server Wink

I think I just hit this segfault. Fix here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2171
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc minified as a server?9