• 34(current)
xbmc minified as a server?
Sorry, I'm just having so many troubles getting this compiled.

Ok so following this guide, I get to the ./configure bit from a new pull from git (before I was using a tar) and I now get this error:

Code:
checking consistency of all components of python development environment... yes
configure: Using Python 2.7
== Wayland disabled. ==
checking for main in -lEGL... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

Arghh, sorry I know I'm being a pain, but I just keep hitting brick walls.
Niietzshe
I think one of the problems is I just can't get Java-7-installer working correctly. It's installed, but my system think's it isn't.
I can't install it from apt-get for some reason.
you didn't read the Readme for your platform. You are missing dependencies.
I'd be inclined to continue with using the 12.2 release as a .tar file unless you want to run the latest Gotham code? Different versions of XBMC use different database versions which are not compatible.

This is the sequence of commands I use to compile, make and install....
$wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/source/...2.2.tar.gz
$tar -zxvf xbmc-12.2.tar.gz
$cd xbmc-12.2
(here I copy make_xbmc-server and xbmc-server.cpp into ~/xbmc-12.2/xbmc)
$cp ../make_xbmc-server xbmc/
$cp ../xbmc-server.cpp xbmc/
$./bootstrap
$./configure --enable-shared-lib --disable-debug --disable-vdpau --disable-vaapi --disable-crystalhd --disable-vdadecoder --disable-vtbdecoder --disable-openmax --disable-joystick --disable-xrandr --disable-rsxs --disable-projectm --disable-rtmp --disable-airplay --disable-airtunes --disable-dvdcss --disable-optical-drive --disable-libbluray --disable-libusb --disable-libcec --disable-libmp3lame --disable-libcap
$make
$make -C lib/addons/script.module.pil
$make xbmc-xrandr
$sudo make install
(now make the standalone server)
$cd xbmc
$make -f make_xbmc-server all

now you've got a binary you can hopefully execute *after* you have run xbmc
I'm having trouble to. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04

So far I've done this:

sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre-headless

wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/source/...2.2.tar.gz

$cd xbmc-12.2

$ cp ../make_xbmc-server xbmc/
cp: cannot stat `../make_xbmc-server': No such file or directory

$ cp ../xbmc-server.cpp xbmc/
cp: cannot stat `../xbmc-server.cpp': No such file or directory

I can't find those files?

./bootstrap didn't work I looked at the bootstrap file ran the command and it says I need to get make from apt-get so I installed it now when I run ./bootstrap I get:

./bootstrap
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Warning: No doxygen installed. The Api will not have any docstrings.
mkdir -p xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/doxygenxml
Swig not found, it will be used if found after configure.
This is not necessarily an error.
make: *** [swig-not-found] Error 1

Running this in a vm to test before I install on my ubuntu server so I can roll back!
(2013-11-16, 16:26)parisv Wrote: cp: cannot stat `../make_xbmc-server': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `../xbmc-server.cpp': No such file or directory

have you downloaded those files yet?
Here is a patch that fixes Segmentation faults that sometimes occur when browsing the UPnP server:

See the following for the commit:
https://github.com/wernerb/xbmc/commit/4...27287b6cb2

Steps to apply:
(in xbmc git root)
1. download https://github.com/wernerb/xbmc/commit/4...b6cb2.diff
2. git apply 42a7a27683f38f9408af1768c37a4027287b6cb2.diff
3. compile as normal.

Missing thumbnails for videos (and music) are the cause of the crashes.

Hopefully this helps some people!
(2013-11-08, 18:08)niietzshe Wrote: Sorry, I'm just having so many troubles getting this compiled.

Ok so following this guide, I get to the ./configure bit from a new pull from git (before I was using a tar) and I now get this error:

Code:
checking consistency of all components of python development environment... yes
configure: Using Python 2.7
== Wayland disabled. ==
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

Arghh, sorry I know I'm being a pain, but I just keep hitting brick walls.
Niietzshe

Hello I got exactly the same issue on a raspberry pi. Did you find the lib missing.

Kind regards
Has anyone compiled against Gotham?
I'm getting the following error while compiling 12.3:

mysqldataset.h:26:25: fatal error: mysql/mysql.h: No such file or directory

I had removed mysql in favor of percona. I installed libmysqlclient-dev via apt-get, still doesn't compile. Thoughts?

I now notice that mysql.h in in /usr/include not /usr/include/mysql.

For some reason the libmysqlclient-dev percona package seems not to install in /usr/include/mysql (as apt-file reports) but instead installs to /usr/include. Don't know why.
seems you found a bug Smile

try changing this in xbmc/dbwrappers/mysqldataset.h
-#include "mysql/mysql.h"
+#include "mysql.h"

edit: and make sure that
mysql_config --include
returns
-I/usr/include
Thanks for the reply wsnipex, and yes mysql_config --include returns -I/usr/include

I also had to modify mysqldataset.cpp for the subsequent error as well

Code:
mysqldataset.cpp:30:26: fatal error: mysql/errmsg.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

EDIT: unfortunately it fails to compile at some point after I made these changes, not sure why, I dont even see a error message. Prior to this , I was able to compile by copying both mysql.h & errmsg.h to /usr/include/mysql

Code:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/git/xbmc_build/xbmc/lib/libdvd/libdvdread'
gcc -o /home/xbmc/git/xbmc_build/xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer/libdvdnav-x86_64-linux.so -shared -fPIC -rdynamic  -Wl,--soname,/home/xbmc/git/xbmc_build/xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer/libdvdnav-x86_64-linux.so  libdvdread/obj/*.o libdvdnav/obj/*.o -lm \
        -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=ignore-all \
        `cat /home/xbmc/git/xbmc_build/xbmc/xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/wrapper.def` /home/xbmc/git/xbmc_build/xbmc/xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/wrapper.o
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/git/xbmc_build/xbmc/lib/libdvd'

These are the flags I'm using:
Code:
./configure --enable-shared-lib --disable-debug --disable-vdpau --disable-vaapi --disable-crystalhd --disable-vdadecoder --disable-vtbdecoder --disable-openmax --disable-joystick --disable-xrandr --disable-rsxs --disable-projectm --disable-rtmp --disable-airplay --disable-airtunes --disable-dvdcss --disable-optical-drive --disable-libbluray --disable-libusb --disable-libcec --disable-libmp3lame --disable-libcap --disable-optical-drive --disable-libbluray --disable-ssh --disable-udev --disable-libvorbisenc --disable-asap-codec --disable-afpclient --disable-goom --disable-avahi --disable-non-free --disable-upnp --disable-nfs --disable-hal --disable-pulse

EDIT 2: It appears that there's additional references to mysql/mysql.h

Code:
grep -ir "mysql/mysql.h" *
lib/cmyth/libcmyth/mythtv_mysql.c:#include <mysql/mysql.h>
lib/cmyth/libcmyth/cmyth_local.h:#include <mysql/mysql.h>
(2013-12-04, 11:58)wernerb Wrote: Here is a patch that fixes Segmentation faults that sometimes occur when browsing the UPnP server:
Thanks for the patch - it dramatically increased the stability of my XBMC server. However, in some cases, I still see crashes related to artwork. It happens when using xbmc-video-server and only with four of my movies and some episodes of a TV Show that I recently added. After writing NFO/TBN files to disk and refreshing info for all episodes, the server didn't crash when displaying the episodes. Do you have any idea how I might be able to fix these crashes? Why doesn't the non-headless XBMC crash in these cases? Thanks in advance for your help!
(2014-01-07, 19:45)Unbehagen Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 11:58)wernerb Wrote: Here is a patch that fixes Segmentation faults that sometimes occur when browsing the UPnP server:
Thanks for the patch - it dramatically increased the stability of my XBMC server. However, in some cases, I still see crashes related to artwork. It happens when using xbmc-video-server and only with four of my movies and some episodes of a TV Show that I recently added. After writing NFO/TBN files to disk and refreshing info for all episodes, the server didn't crash when displaying the episodes. Do you have any idea how I might be able to fix these crashes? Why doesn't the non-headless XBMC crash in these cases? Thanks in advance for your help!
I found the problem: wrong permissions on the thumbnail files. So if XBMC cannot read the image file, it crashes instantly. Shouldn't the patch solve this problem?
Hello, I'm getting the following error while trying to compile on a debian squeeze NAS box.
"checking consistency of all components of python development environment... yes
configure: Using Python 2.6
== Wayland disabled. ==
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform."

I believe it's missing libEGL but am not sure and do not know how to get past this error. Thanks for your help!
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc minified as a server?9