• 50(current)
xbmc minified as a server?
If anyone wants to take a look at remotely changing settings see this thread for some details http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192491 and in particular Post#4 by joethefox.
(2014-05-28, 20:28)jjd-uk Wrote: If anyone wants to take a look at remotely changing settings see this thread for some details http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192491 and in particular Post#4 by joethefox.
i plan on expanding my application here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=196669 in to a settings control panel for headless servers... but it might take some time.
I got this compiled for Slackware 14.1 x64 but am getting a seg fault when running it. Has anyone else had this problem? It seems similar to the Ubuntu 14.04 issue but I'm not sure. I don't really do debugging in Linux.

Code:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0x7fffd9730700 (LWP 27493)]
0x00007ffff6766cbf in CGUIInfoManager::GetLabel(int, int, CStdStr<char>*) ()
   from /lib/libxbmc.so

Same issue as this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1704327
(2014-06-03, 21:48)bobbintb Wrote: I am getting a seg fault when running compiled under slackware. im investigating the issue but has anyone else had this problem?

Sorry bobbintb, I tried to reply the other day but don't know why the reply didn't go...

Yes, I get that segfault as well (on Ubuntu), and we could imagine it's because something is obviously looking for a UI that doesn't exist. I don't know anything approaching enough to figure out how to resolve the segfault, but I can short circuit it by adding a return to the top of GetLabel. I have NO idea what the implications of that are, though.
So, the no-gui method might work, but the recompile with headless does not.

First there's the segfault with GetLabel (something related to the missing GUI, I suspect) and now I'm hitting a second segfault in trying to create the UPnP server, which is the whole point to it.

I'm happy to help package and test this for Ubuntu, but until there's an actual XBMC programmer involved I don't believe it's worth trying. The thing's just too broken to mess with.
(2014-06-08, 06:05)volkris Wrote:
(2014-06-03, 21:48)bobbintb Wrote: I am getting a seg fault when running compiled under slackware. im investigating the issue but has anyone else had this problem?

Sorry bobbintb, I tried to reply the other day but don't know why the reply didn't go...

Yes, I get that segfault as well (on Ubuntu), and we could imagine it's because something is obviously looking for a UI that doesn't exist. I don't know anything approaching enough to figure out how to resolve the segfault, but I can short circuit it by adding a return to the top of GetLabel. I have NO idea what the implications of that are, though.

Have you checked that you have
Code:
<backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
in both locations of your .xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml file? This can cause a segfault when it's not set to 'true'

Like volkris I also get a segfault when I have UPnP enabled. When this is disabled I am able to start the server & perform an update via the RPC interface. I haven't done further debugging to work out why this might be the case.
Edit: Removed bind to ip stuff, not necessary Smile

Hey guys,

I have updated the docker container for xbmc from frodo to gotham.
What's more, I updated it so that a bridge is not necessary! You only need a few commands to get gotham minified.

Check out additional info at https://github.com/wernerb/docker-xbmc-server

Steps:
1. Install docker for your linux distro
2. download https://raw.githubusercontent.com/werner...ttings.xml and adjust the mysql settings.
3. set up a folder somewhere you would like to have the xbmc library stored. for example: mkdir -p /home/$(whoami)/.xbmcserver/userdata and put advancedsettings.xml there.

You are done with configuration Smile
The following step will download the container and run it for you immediately.

To run a daemon with UPnP Server:
Code:
$ docker run -d --net=host --privileged -v /home/$(whoami)/.xbmcserver:/opt/xbmc-server/portable_data wernerb/docker-xbmc-server:gotham

To run one-off library checks:
Code:
$ docker run -v /home/$(whoami)/.xbmcserver:/opt/xbmc-server/portable_data --entrypoint=/opt/xbmc-server/xbmcVideoLibraryScan docker-xbmc-server:gotham --no-test --nolirc -p

If you guys have any questions ask!
Hello,

Thx a lot wernerb , the docker xbmc-server is very useful.

I add "supervisor" to have an always running xbmc-server , and a pull request on your repo !

Hope it'll be useful.
Thanks! I just merged it in, will take a while for the docker index to build and update.
Definitely an improvement though I never had xbmc crashing, I can assume it happens.

Also note that I removed the BIND_ADDR and LD_PRELOAD environment variables, as after further testing they were not needed.
(2014-06-09, 02:14)wernerb Wrote: Edit: Removed bind to ip stuff, not necessary Smile

Hey guys,

I have updated the docker container for xbmc from frodo to gotham.
What's more, I updated it so that a bridge is not necessary anymore! You now only need a few commands to get gotham minified.

I really wish I could use your docker container. Alas, docker still doesn't support i386 processors. My poor old 32bit proc can't run it.
(2014-06-08, 10:48)fant0m Wrote:
(2014-06-08, 06:05)volkris Wrote:

Code:
in both locations of your .xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml file? This can cause a segfault when it's not set to 'true'

Like volkris I also get a segfault when I have UPnP enabled. When this is disabled I am able to start the server & perform an update via the RPC interface. I haven't done further debugging to work out why this might be the case.

I'm aware of that issue and that's not it. Mine is a separate issue.
(2014-06-12, 17:53)bobbintb Wrote:
(2014-06-08, 10:48)fant0m Wrote:
(2014-06-08, 06:05)volkris Wrote: Sorry bobbintb, I tried to reply the other day but don't know why the reply didn't go...

Code:

I'm aware of that issue and that's not it. Mine is a separate issue.

Btw guisettings.xml is not meant to be edited by the user. Instead set <backgroundupdate> of advancedsettings.xml, this will override guisettings.xml anyway and is easier to maintain.
Take a look at my advancedsettings.xml which is the sole configuration of the docker xbmc-server: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/werner...ttings.xml
Please enable UTF8 in the docker image:

Code:
ENV LANGUAGE en_US.UTF-8
ENV LANG en_US.UTF-8
RUN locale-gen en_US en_US.UTF-8
RUN update-locale LANG=en_US.UTF-8
RUN dpkg-reconfigure locales
(2014-06-13, 18:58)lithiumc Wrote: Please enable UTF8 in the docker image:

Code:
ENV LANGUAGE en_US.UTF-8
ENV LANG en_US.UTF-8

Sure, do you want to create pull request? Could you also tell me what the problem is with the default locale? Does the container not work in some way?
(2014-06-13, 19:38)wernerb Wrote:
(2014-06-13, 18:58)lithiumc Wrote: Please enable UTF8 in the docker image:

Code:
ENV LANGUAGE en_US.UTF-8
ENV LANG en_US.UTF-8

Sure, do you want to create pull request? Could you also tell me what the problem is with the default locale? Does the container not work in some way?

For sure...

Without UTF8 it can't handle certain characters, so they look wrong in the database.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc minified as a server?9