Win Mapped network drive doesn't work with Eden on win 7
Hi.
A while ago I exported and imported my xbmc library from an xbmc running on a winxp machine to one running on windows 7, I noticed that I could not add my network drive as a source so I manually edited the sources xml file with my media mapped drive on my nas (MSmile and it worked fine. I did it because my library "knew" the videos on this path.
I tried upgrading to eden today and this time it stopped working completely... I see M:\High Definition\Movies for my movies folder but I can't access it (tried as an administrator).

So, my questions are:
1. Is there a way to access a mapped drive in xbmc?
2. If not and I choose an SMB share from within xbmc, is there a(n easy) way to edit my entire library with the new path so I could keep it intact without having to rebuild everything and lose viewed status, modified artworks, etc...?

If #2 is possible I might just do it anyway for maximum portability of when I'll move to Linux for my xbmc machine.
Thanks.
If a drive is mapped in Windows you can add it to XBMC as whatever drive letter it is in Windows. I do recommend using SMB paths when possible. As you stated it makes things more "portable" for the library. To make this change in your library you will need something that can edit a MySQL library.
Thanks.
The drive is mapped and I don't see it on the path list (even when running as admin)
Additionally - the existing video source that remained from the previous upgraded xbmc says that M:\High Definition\Movies does not exist.
Fixed:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87168
Apparently the initial xbmc startup was indeed problematic, a restart to xbmc has solved everything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mapped network drive doesn't work with Eden on win 70