Change screenshot format?
Is there a way to change the screenshot format? All my screenshots save as a png, I'd like it to save as a jpg by default...I am unsure if this is something I can change in xbmc settings or if it has to do with my OS (currently using windows 8)
I don't think that is an option. to be changed, it's .png by default in XBMC as part of the debug
It just seems odd to me...Lets say I were to set a screenshot as fanart for a movie...then xbmc auto-renames the file as a jpg fanart...but its still a png just with the wrong extension...so if I try to open the fanart in windows explorer with irfanview (or any picture viewer) it tells me the file has the wrong extension and needs to be renamed...I know it all works fine in xbmc...it still just seems like a problem waiting to start a glitch
I don't know about the auto-rename part....(might be skin related) but it's clear that XBMC shows the image and ignores the extension, which comes in handy when you're looking at disc.png at 1 meg vs. disc.jpg at 100K
I mean, when i take a screenshot, its a png...i set it as fanart (idk what it is in userdata) but if i export the video library into separate files, i get a "X-fanart.jpg" but its still a png.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change screenshot format?0