2nd router?
Even if it were gigabit. Not going to change much if it's only wireless G.

Get your laptop wired to the router whilst downloading. Either by it sat next to the router and wired in or using homeplugs. It'll help your buffering issues.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-01-28, 15:14)jammyb Wrote: Even if it were gigabit. Not going to change much if it's only wireless G.

Get your laptop wired to the router whilst downloading. Either by it sat next to the router and wired in or using homeplugs. It'll help your buffering issues.

Yeah that seems to be the general consensus alright. Damn I wish I hadn't given away my power line adaptors.

Thanks for your help.
Since you have a lot of stuffs, you might want to use switch and wireless combination. The switch is for HTPC, game consoles, satellite receiver, SmartTV, etc and the wireless router is for cellphone, tablet, laptop, etc. You'll get the best speed from it. You can connect this "TP-LINK TL-R470T" router to cable modem, and then this "TP-LINK TL-SG1005D" and this "TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750" to TP-LINK TL-R470T. You should be able to stream everything throughout your house.......

I have a very similar setup, and I haven't have a single drop. I can streams the highest Blu-ray 1080P and DTS-MA/TrueHD with ease.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2nd router?0