Wireless Rii Mini Bluetooth Keyboard/Pad. Anyone Got One?
Wireless Rii Mini Bluetooth Keyboard/Pad. Anyone Got One? Opinion? At around $28 delivered to your door it seems like a great way to control a XBMC device, example a Mele A2000.

Buy from the likes of:
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/545...alers.html
it's been discussed a little bit here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129309&page=2

Hard to find in the forum search, since three letter words are too short and get ignored.
I had one but it didn't last too long. It got dropped on the floor once and that was the end.
I've had mine for 6 months:

Pros:
  • Really small, so you can leave on the table or in a caddy like a remote control
  • RF, so you don't need line of sight like an IR keyboard or remote control
  • Built-in touchpad, so you don't need a separate mouse
  • Backlit, so you can see keys in the dark
  • Inexpensive
  • Built-in laser pointer, so you can... er, not sure this is a "pro", but it's there if you need it (I never use it) Smile
Cons:
  • Some keypresses don't always register, so you need to look at the TV/monitor to be sure the text you entered is correct
  • Locating the touchpad on the right makes it awkward to "thumb-type" characters on the right-side of the keyboard. There's another model that has the touchpad located in the center, resulting in a split keyboard, which may be easier to thumb-type with both hands.
Overall, I'm happy with it. It's a lot smaller than the RF keyboard I used previously and is less obtrusive in the family room. I use it mainly to enter search text or authentication information. For system maintenance, updating scripts or other extensive text entry requirements, I just plug-in a standard USB keyboard.

I've purchased one as it allows for hacking without having to plug in a full sized keyboard and mouse
This may sound like a dumb question but how do you control the TV with this remote? I don't even see a way to control the volume. Oddly the easiest part for me was building the PC I'm very confused when it comes to actually controlling it.
(2012-06-03, 02:17)james Wrote: This may sound like a dumb question but how do you control the TV with this remote? I don't even see a way to control the volume. Oddly the easiest part for me was building the PC I'm very confused when it comes to actually controlling it.
The same way you control XBMC with any keyboard: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard

(2012-06-03, 11:12)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-06-03, 02:17)james Wrote: This may sound like a dumb question but how do you control the TV with this remote? I don't even see a way to control the volume. Oddly the easiest part for me was building the PC I'm very confused when it comes to actually controlling it.
The same way you control XBMC with any keyboard: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard

I was hoping to control XBMC with a universal remote after setting up the system with a regular keyboard/mouse. I don't plan on using the HTPC to surf the web or type anything long. After more research, it seems this is possible (provided I understood correctly) - I need to get a "MCE remote", plug that receiver to the PC and teach the buttons from the MCE remote to a universal remote with a learn function.

I also understand now the device in this thread is just a regular keyboard mouse, with its tiny size I thought it could control the TV too. I've seen one in a store that has a keyboard on the back of a regular remote, I think it was for a Samsung TV. I also found a universal remote that has a keyboard/mouse, I posted about it last night [link], seems no one has it to give feedback. Maybe I'll buy it to check it out.
If you want to use a single remote to control normal TV functions as well as XBMC, you may want to look into FLIRC.
Anyone knows where is the Home button on this remote? It helps when Navi-x hangs...
i actually own/use a iPazzPort KP-810-10A,
which is pretty much the same thing as the rii mini,,,
mine is RF and not bluetooth,
but just like artrafael said, sometimes,
some keys dont register the first time you press them so,
you kinda need to make sure your also checking your TV when typing text...
but other then that, i really enjoy it actually, controls XBMC on windows perfectly
(2014-01-27, 18:51)leandropinhao Wrote: Anyone knows where is the Home button on this remote? It helps when Navi-x hangs...
No Navi-X help here, but as your question is more general, I tried to google home key rii keyboard and discovered there are more models than you can shake a stick at.

I myself rather like the look of this one:

http://dx.com/p/genuine-rii-mini-i8-wire...udKFPiBpP0
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi guys,

i just bought a Minix Neo X7 and i already have a RiiTek i8 bluetooth keyboard.

The keyboard worked well during my test on my pc (also with combo keys for volume-mute and so on), tonight i will try the Keyboard with the Minix and i will give you my first impressions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wireless Rii Mini Bluetooth Keyboard/Pad. Anyone Got One?0