• 17(current)
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!
Could anyone confirm me that this remote can turn ON a computer from a total cold powered-off state ?

I have a rosewill remote very similar (model RHRC-11002) it has the same sleep button but it can only wake the computer from sleep and not power it on from a cold off state

Quote:I noticed if the PC looses power then it will not turn on the first try you have to manual turn it on and then when off it will work again... (it's like the dongle looses memory)
Exactly the same with my remote. This means that the remote puts computer to sleep it doesnt shut it down to cold state... If you go to start menu then select shutdown you wont be able to wake it with the remote. It can only wake from sleep state, afaik
Using the Rosewill RHRC-11002 also with my A75M-itx board. It works great, but after an hour'ish of being in S5 off state the remote will not turn it on, I assume the usb has lost power at some point.
If I power on manually and then in XBMC go to shutdown system, system will shutoff, I can within the time frame power it on with the remote, but like stated after an hour it requires manual poweron, disappointing..
Sorry to bump an old thread.. but I felt this is the best thread to post in..

I have this same Rosewill RC126 with dongle (from new egg). Dongle is plugged to the front of Silverstone ML03B case (USB 3.0) front header. The header is connected to the USB 3.0 connector (Not the CIR header) on ASROCK H87M Pro4 motherboard. OS is Windows 7 x64. The remote works fine in powering on the HTPC and shutting it down completely. But this good stuff ends as soon as I install the latest XBMCcustomRegis (v2.60.12) with AutoHotKey.

Once I install the script, I lose the ability to shut down the HTPC with the remote. I tried several times installing and uninstalling the script and trying the remote in each instance. My test results led me to isolate this particular script to be the problem.

Are there any other people here facing the same issue? Has anyone been able to resolve it somehow?
bump
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!4