• 14(current)
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!
my IR605Q seems to be working (I can turn on the pc from s5 with my harmony but I cant seem to get all the buttons to work (like arrows, guide, info etc)
anyone know how to do that?
Like Beer told me, there's a topic on how to setup the harmony with xbmc,
Maybe you can find your awnser there.... Official HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
For those of us in the UK I have just found this.

The manual is here and makes reference to the receiver as part number IR603, not too different to some of the part numbers mentioned earlier in the thread. According to the manual it supports MCIR and RC6 commands. It looks pretty similar to the Rosewill dongle cosmetically, the internals are anyone's guess though.

I'm not sure if it will work or not (I'm in the process of ordering parts and building my HTPC at the moment) but it might be worth a look. I'm happy to pick one up and test once I'm up and running.
So, I got my remote in the mail yesterday and installed the drivers outlined at the start of the thread and it just works! Very nice find! One question though -- with the mappings in place care of the installed software, is it possible to remove videos after they are watched (on the keyboard you can do this by pressing "C") -- I didn't find a button that was mapped that way.. Did I miss it or can I just map a button and be done with it?
(2012-10-25, 01:21)osx-addict Wrote: So, I got my remote in the mail yesterday and installed the drivers outlined at the start of the thread and it just works! Very nice find! One question though -- with the mappings in place care of the installed software, is it possible to remove videos after they are watched (on the keyboard you can do this by pressing "C") -- I didn't find a button that was mapped that way.. Did I miss it or can I just map a button and be done with it?

Take a look at this....

"C" is GUIDE.... #26... works for me... Wink

and 5e the blue color button checks mark the movie if needed...

http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remapping.html
(2012-10-25, 01:21)osx-addict Wrote: So, I got my remote in the mail yesterday and installed the drivers outlined at the start of the thread and it just works! Very nice find! One question though -- with the mappings in place care of the installed software, is it possible to remove videos after they are watched (on the keyboard you can do this by pressing "C") -- I didn't find a button that was mapped that way.. Did I miss it or can I just map a button and be done with it?

Meny. Delete video. But you have to enable it in the xbmc settings
Yeah.. I did that -- I can delete videos with the mouse/keyboard all day long but I find no way via the remote -- is this mapped to a button on the remote?

oops.. I see Beer gave me the answer I was looking for -- the Guide button.. Thx Beer!! I might remap it to "info" though -- that would seem more logical to me..
Just to follow up from my earlier post:

For people in the UK looking for this dongle/remote, I picked up this one today from Maplin:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/windows-media-ce...rol-218643

Even though the picture looks slightly different, the actual receiver looks identical to the one Beer initially posted about.

The part numbers on the stickers are IR605A/Q on the receiver and RC118 on the remote.

I haven't had a chance to test yet, I will try and confirm it works though.

Update:

I can confirm that this remote and receiver will turn on my HTPC from S5. I am using an ASRock H77M-ITX.

There is nothing connected to the CIR header. So far It works with the USB 2.0 ports (above the eSATA) on the rear panel and it is also working in the USB 3.0 ports on the front of the case, connected to the USB 3.0 header. I have not tired the others.

One thing worth mentioning though: If I swap the dongle between ports whilst the system is shutdown, I need to do a full startup and shutdown to get the remote to work again.
Is their anyway possible to make the remote power button only turn on the pc, and not sleep. I want to create a macro/activity to turn the pc on, but the power button is also putting the pc to sleep.

I turned off sleep in power options in control panel on windows 7, yet the remote power button can still put it to sleep.
(2012-10-31, 07:46)Ghostdivision Wrote: Is their anyway possible to make the remote power button only turn on the pc, and not sleep. I want to create a macro/activity to turn the pc on, but the power button is also putting the pc to sleep.

I turned off sleep in power options in control panel on windows 7, yet the remote power button can still put it to sleep.

Did you install.... http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote.html Auto installer 2 files...

that will make all buttons work correctly under xbmc and when you press the power button you will get a menu and not get the computer to sleep.
Thanks, I also just want to ask are some people able to wake their pc from s5 pressing any button on the remote? I would like to delegate a useless button to power it on from S5? But I dont know if the power button needs to be hit.
I think Magboisa hit the nail on the head with that one...
I don't know if anyone else reported this or not (I can't go through 21 pages right now)

but I just noticed that my old original Microsoft mce receiver (the black one) does the same thing as well on my Asrock A75m-itx board

It hadn't worked before because it was plugged into the usb3 port on the back. When it didn't work in openelec, I moved it to the usb2 port, and it started powering the machine on from a total shutdown (with only the power button).

Maybe it is not a feature of this dongle specifically, but a feature of the newer asrock boards with the uefi bios.

I did notice that in the bios I had to enable "USB Keyboard/Remote Power On" for it to work. It specifically says usb remote
(2012-06-20, 08:52)lagledavid Wrote: hmmmm i posted an a response last night now its gone thats strange, anyways joe_sun sent me the link to ge the dongle and as far as maping the buttons i just used the harmony software and assigned the buttons according to the xbmc cheat sheet, Works without fail. as far as getting a better remote sure if you got the money ( I dont ) picked a couple of them up when they were $15 everything works fine very pleased, smooth as butter.

the HARMONY 300 series are not really recommended, at least by me.
yeah i know they work i had one, but ended up selling it.
here are my annoyances with it.

a- not backlit like the 650 model
b- the back button is not placed correctly, too far off, perfect on the 650
c- no speed tweak settings like on the 650, your stuck with how the speed is...
d- no activity programming
e- no LCD screen

Wow. . .So informative. . .

I guess this is what happens when a bot throws up all over a thread

HELP!! Is there a mod around? This bot is very sick and needs modical attention :-)

EDIT: This post was in response to a spam post right above this one. The spam post is no longer there and this message no longer makes sense :-P
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!4