• 3(current)
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!
For proof! Tongue Enjoy!

Curious, what advantages does the remote have over the iPazz keyboard?
Easy friendly.... everyone knows how to use a remote. The ipazz or a keybaord.... people get confused.

It's a remote. Friends come over... here is the remote. Give them the keyboard... they are like huh!

It's not expensive.... try it.

I love the remote.... only the ipazz if I need to do some changes on windows or browse the web witch rarely do.

The ipazz now its going to my PS3...
I've been using the ASROCK receiver and it works fine for me. I don't understand the hoopla?
Thanks for this info. I have two of the RRC-126 remotes with dongles and when I read this, decided to give it a go on my A75M-ITX system. At first it wasn't working at all. Kept moving dongle around and making sure pins where correct. Then when I shut down windows properly (was just holding in power button), I hit the remote power button and it worked!!!

Couldn't believe it, was just about to give up. Also if while the computer is off, you remove the dongle and move it to another port, it does not work. Have to boot up and shut down manually.

I never used CIR before and had to look up how to enable it, so maybe what I said was already known, but just incase it was not, now you know and knowing is half the battle.

Thanks Beer40oz!!!!
(2012-06-04, 15:54)DipNFalls Wrote: Thanks for this info. I have two of the RRC-126 remotes with dongles and when I read this, decided to give it a go on my A75M-ITX system. At first it wasn't working at all. Kept moving dongle around and making sure pins where correct. Then when I shut down windows properly (was just holding in power button), I hit the remote power button and it worked!!!

Couldn't believe it, was just about to give up. Also if while the computer is off, you remove the dongle and move it to another port, it does not work. Have to boot up and shut down manually.

I never used CIR before and had to look up how to enable it, so maybe what I said was already known, but just incase it was not, now you know and knowing is half the battle.

Thanks Beer40oz!!!!

No problem....

Yes if your HTPC is off... and you remove the dongle and try to turn it on it won't work because in a way it looses the power.

Tongue
So just to confirm, this remote registers as an eHome device and not a keyboard right? I have several RF devices that register as keyboards, including boxee remote, and they turn on the PC just fine. But I have the often recommended HP mce remote and receiver, and this does not turn the PC on. So to find an eHome IR device that works is a bit new.

Also, the HP receiver is recommended for great range, minimum delayed response when used with universal remotes, and great customizability and ease of use. Does this Rosewill receiver seem to be outstanding in all these other respects like the HP one is? Planning to use with a universal remote.
eHome yes!
So have we figured out whether or not it needs to be plugged into the CIR header or just the regular USB one?
Sorry... no.... I am working on my other build at the moment. Like I said... I plugged the DONGLE on the back side on a 2.0 port of the mother board and it works.
I'm currently just plugged into USB, and haven't had luck yet -- I'll try the CIR header tonight..

To complicate it, I'm using a harmony one with the MCE keyboard device added -- I did try the power (looks like it's probably actually sleep) button on the Rosewill remote as well, but that didn't work.
(2012-06-07, 20:57)JoeBar Wrote: I'm currently just plugged into USB, and haven't had luck yet -- I'll try the CIR header tonight..

To complicate it, I'm using a harmony one with the MCE keyboard device added -- I did try the power (looks like it's probably actually sleep) button on the Rosewill remote as well, but that didn't work.

I was under the impression you needed to have that CIR header active in order to power that USB port so you could turn it on from an off state.
Well under bios you have to enable keyboard to wake up!
(2012-06-07, 21:02)KraziJoe Wrote:
(2012-06-07, 20:57)JoeBar Wrote: I'm currently just plugged into USB, and haven't had luck yet -- I'll try the CIR header tonight..

I was under the impression you needed to have that CIR header active in order to power that USB port so you could turn it on from an off state.

I was too but beer said it worked in one of the rear usb ports (which suggests cir not necessary). I'll report back later with my results!

...ok results:

I'm not sure exactly what did it, but it seems to be working now.. It's in a front port (both seem to work, I didn't bother trying any on the back), and the USB header is just plugged into the regular USB pins closest to the PCI slot -- no CIR necessary (although I had tried it in there during my troubleshooting).

Bios has only "turn on via USB keyboard / remote" enabled (it was on all along). Turn on via PS2 keyboard, and turn on via mouse are both off.

Oddly enough, it seems my MII mini RF keyboard no longer turns the PC on from off state (go figure).

The sleep button on the Rosewill will turn it on -- now I have to figure out how to get my harmony to send that signal!

Edit 2: Learned the power signal on my harmony one -- works! Now I just gotta tweak the activity and I'm all set...

Thx again Beer for doin the legwork and making a great find! (btw my original psu is still holding upSmile)
how do i find out if my mother board has this option

(ASRock MB-A75M Socket FM1/ AMD A75 FCH/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ Micro ATX Motherboard )
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!4