• 7(current)
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!
Rosewill RRC-126 This one has it all!!!!

$14.99 till JULY 4th....

Promo EMCNDHB73

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...101002-L0H
Just an fyi that I emailed the customer service department to get the dongle only and they didn't have any available. I'll need to buy with the remote our wait it out. Cheap enough either way.
It looks like they don't want to sell the Dongle by itself anymore.... they need to sell it with the remote....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

saw the top post? $15.00 free ship.... that's cheap... keep the nice remote in case..... We spend more then $15 on gas... or fast food...
Just to confirm, I have tested it with my Mi7 and it works flawlessly ... now the trick? To figure out how not to turn on the 360 when I'm turning on my HTPC!!!! :-)
The Mi7 (full specs)
HTPC: Antek ISK 300 | Pico 160 | ASRock z77E | i7 3770S | GSkill Ares 8GB | BigShuriken 2 | Crucial 64 SSD
TOYS: Panasonic TC-P58S2 | Onkyo TX-SR608 | Atlantic Tech 2400 | Harmony 1 | iPazzPort ProMini | Mohu 1000 | HomeRun Dual | 2x2TB NAS
i just got my dongle today, they were out of stock a t first then called me up and charged me total of $9.00
i think though i had ordered a complete set at first and wanted an extra dongle and they sold it to me that way
(2012-06-30, 03:19)helpermonkey Wrote: Just to confirm, I have tested it with my Mi7 and it works flawlessly ... now the trick? To figure out how not to turn on the 360 when I'm turning on my HTPC!!!! :-)

yep have that problen too 360 turns on when i turn on my htpc
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
Hello everyone, I bought this remote and it works fine, but I have a small problem, when I wont turn on the htpc I need to press the power button on the remote two or three times before the htpc turn on. Is it normal ..? or is there something wrong ..? My motherboard is an Asrock A75m-.itx
(2012-06-30, 11:22)checco10 Wrote: Hello everyone, I bought this remote and it works fine, but I have a small problem, when I wont turn on the htpc I need to press the power button on the remote two or three times before the htpc turn on. Is it normal ..? or is there something wrong ..? My motherboard is an Asrock A75m-.itx

Takes one press for me.... recheck things.
(2012-06-30, 11:22)checco10 Wrote: Hello everyone, I bought this remote and it works fine, but I have a small problem, when I wont turn on the htpc I need to press the power button on the remote two or three times before the htpc turn on. Is it normal ..? or is there something wrong ..? My motherboard is an Asrock A75m-.itx
You might have weak IR signal. If you haven't done it, you might want to install IR dongle in the front panel....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Weird...I cannot seem to wake it up at all when I press the Power button on my Harmony one. NO idea why it's not working.
I tried the links here to install all the helper apps but nothing seems to work.
Anyone able to get it to power on and off using a Harmony one?
(2012-06-28, 14:17)Beer40oz Wrote: Rosewill RRC-126 This one has it all!!!!

$14.99 till JULY 4th....

Promo EMCNDHB73

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...101002-L0H

Thanks a lot Beer, ordered one Wink
(2012-07-03, 04:35)KraziJoe Wrote: Weird...I cannot seem to wake it up at all when I press the Power button on my Harmony one. NO idea why it's not working.
I tried the links here to install all the helper apps but nothing seems to work.

I have had no problems power cycling with my harmony one (which also power cycles my xbox360). What tutorial did you follow to setup your harmony one?

The Mi7 (full specs)
HTPC: Antek ISK 300 | Pico 160 | ASRock z77E | i7 3770S | GSkill Ares 8GB | BigShuriken 2 | Crucial 64 SSD
TOYS: Panasonic TC-P58S2 | Onkyo TX-SR608 | Atlantic Tech 2400 | Harmony 1 | iPazzPort ProMini | Mohu 1000 | HomeRun Dual | 2x2TB NAS
*nothing to see here*

Edit:
Woops, didn't realize this thread is already at it's third page - disregard my post Wink

Strange that you need a specialized dongle - I use the one that comes with the speedlink sl-6399 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedlink-SL-639...B003E6Q3KI) and it always worked right out of the box for me.
All I had to do was enabling "Enable this device to wake the computer" in the device-manager, then all was good. My Harmony can power on my XBMC without problems, and my Xbox 360 turns on seperated.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-07-03, 06:57)helpermonkey Wrote:
(2012-07-03, 04:35)KraziJoe Wrote: Weird...I cannot seem to wake it up at all when I press the Power button on my Harmony one. NO idea why it's not working.

I have had no problems power cycling with my harmony one (which also power cycles my xbox360). What tutorial did you follow to setup your harmony one?

I set it up like the roswill remote and A mcekeyboard. I even learned the on/off command just to make sure. Now even the original remote does not work. I can turn it on via keyboard right now. I changed the bios settings to on, that can turn on the pc. Ie keyboard, mouse etc.
The USB jumper I set back to normal. I did have it offset like asrock tells you to for their remote.
No idea what I'm missing.

(2012-07-03, 11:37)KraziJoe Wrote: I set it up like the roswill remote and A mcekeyboard. I even learned the on/off command just to make sure. Now even the original remote does not work. I can turn it on via keyboard right now. I changed the bios settings to on, that can turn on the pc. Ie keyboard, mouse etc.
The USB jumper I set back to normal. I did have it offset like asrock tells you to for their remote.

Try this: http://openelec.tv/forum/12-guides-tips-...lete-guide

i had to use MCE-1039 (where the tutorial simply says MCE)
The Mi7 (full specs)
(2012-07-03, 12:56)helpermonkey Wrote:
(2012-07-03, 11:37)KraziJoe Wrote: I set it up like the roswill remote and A mcekeyboard. I even learned the on/off command just to make sure. Now even the original remote does not work. I can turn it on via keyboard right now. I changed the bios settings to on, that can turn on the pc. Ie keyboard, mouse etc.

Try this: http://openelec.tv/forum/12-guides-tips-...lete-guide

i had to use MCE-1039 (where the tutorial simply says MCE)

Nope that did not work. Guess I will try to move the IR Receiver around a bit to see what happens. Otherwise it's back to the ASROCK remote.

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!4