• 1(current)
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!
Heart 

The dongle is the chubby one on the bottom... it works flawless on the bottom port for some odd reason. I had issues on the top port not wanting to turn on once in a while.

Ok how can I put this..... this is exciting.

On my A6-PACK I was not able to turn on my HTPC from total state off.... the only way was by using my IPazz keyboard.

No big deal.... but also a little frustrating that I could not just use my regular MCE remote.

So I bought this Rosewill MCE remote because I wanted to try the DONGLE from it. No more long cords was the idea..... But it gave me more....

It's a 25.99 remote.... but at the moment it has $11.00 bucks off.... $15 bucks..... so that is why I got it.

I don't care for the remote only the dongle... I want to use my Mediagate remote because the Rosewill don't have the COLOR buttons on the bottom that I use....

This is what I mean..... see? the Mediagate has the color buttons witch are for Change Audio, Subtitles, and bring movie back to full screen....
All this is done by installing this package for the MCE remote: http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/ No messing with your keboard.xml it's all done for you.

Ok so I had to re-install the package again for the MCE remote again after I got the dongle in.... some buttons where not working with XBMC anymore once installed everything worked.

I loved the look no more cords and that it actually worked with my Mediagate remote...... nice....

I tuned off the HTPC.... and I thought will this turn on my HTPC.... I pressed buttons nothing..... Sad until I pressed the power button on the REMOTE oh WOW!!!!!!!!!! it turns ON!!!!!!!!

What ..... it did not do this with the long cord receiver that came with the remote and also I had another long cord receiver that Eskro sent me to try and that did not work....

This is amazing... this is one for the books!!!!! a dongle on your front of your case! and turns on the HTPC.....

Also the Rosewill works flawless too!!!!! but the buttons are too small for me Smile and remember no color buttons.... I love the MEDIAGATE as you can see it comes with the long cord receiver...

FYI! ESKRO found the remote with that dongle with the COLOR buttons on the bottom..... all in one.... this one is FTW! as he says.....

If you need a remote with everything on it then the RRC-126 is the one to get... get this one!

Rosewill RRC-126 Windows 7 MAJOR UPDATE on the RRC-126 Remote....
I have tested this remote that my friend bought and the COLOR buttons don't work correctly. They are not linked correctly as the should be when you install the custom registry software. What a bummer.

Do you just need the dongle to use with your MCE remote? then you can also now buy the DONGLE by itself take a look here for $7 bucks or so.....
damn, this is wild O.O FTW!!

the dongle registers as eHOME? should not right?

should act as keyboard press...

??
Yes it registers as eHOME as the real MCE stuff baby!!!! only turns ON with the POWER button... not just any key!!!!!

Same as my mediagate and the one you sent me..... wonder why they don't work.... I tried them too on the front!!!!

THIS DONGLE IS FTW!

BTW! Dongle receiver is: IR605/Q

RC6, QP and MCIR keyboard protocals are supported....
purchased!!!!!
The Mi7 (full specs)
HTPC: Antek ISK 300 | Pico 160 | ASRock z77E | i7 3770S | GSkill Ares 8GB | BigShuriken 2 | Crucial 64 SSD
TOYS: Panasonic TC-P58S2 | Onkyo TX-SR608 | Atlantic Tech 2400 | Harmony 1 | iPazzPort ProMini | Mohu 1000 | HomeRun Dual | 2x2TB NAS
IIRC, the A75M-ITX, H67M-ITX both have this feature. You need to plugin the front USB port into the motherboard USB header next to the CIR header. I think it's explained in the manual.

http://download.asrock.com/manual/A75M-ITX.pdf pg. 24 sort of explains it though it's not clear if it'll work w/o plugging it into the CIR header too -- I don't think you need to Huh.

Beer40oz, where do you have the front panel USB plugged in?
Mmmm looked where I have it plugged in.... the CIR1 USB header...

I always had it there with my other SENSORS from MCE remotes.... and no go.... only Ipazz keyboard worked....

And I did try the MCE receivers in the front and no go......

This dongle does work!!!!!

That's cool to know you don't need the special ASRock dongle. It's also needs to be plugged into the right place on the motherboard too.
Looks like #18 from the manual.... yes the CIR1 USB header...

Yes I am still all happy about this!..... this makes my HTPC more friendly! and it's awesome I was able to use my Mediagate remote.... Smile don't you think...
(2012-06-02, 04:47)Beer40oz Wrote: Looks like #18 from the manual....

Yes I am still all happy about this!..... this makes my HTPC more friendly! and it's awesome I was able to use my Mediagate remote.... Smile don't you think...

It's quite a find. I am looking forward to testing my A6-PACK HT100 setup with the built-in IR receiver in the HT100 -- with hope that it'll work the same. That'd be cool. If not, I'd be willing to get that remote and mount the IR dongle on the INSIDE of my case. I have a USB female A to USB motherboard header cable for just that purpose.

(2012-06-02, 04:31)helpermonkey Wrote: purchased!!!!!

What type of MCE remote you have? or are you planning to use the Rosewil that comes with the dongle?
(2012-06-02, 04:41)Dougie Fresh Wrote: That's cool to know you don't need the special ASRock dongle. It's also needs to be plugged into the right place on the motherboard too.

Very cool because the ASRock dongle sucks... bad.... well that or the remote. I had no range with the ASRock remote/dongle. I could power on from across the room but for actual control I always had to be within 4 feet or so to have any reliability and fluidity with the remote functions.

I switched to the internal CIR sensor mentioned in a few other posts and repinned it to work with the ASRock motherboard. I also got it with their universal, learning remote which has a backlight. Only got that because of the backlight and it works great. I wish I'd known about another dongle option though because making a spot to mount the CIR internally and cut into my case for it was a bit more than I wanted to do for it.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-06-02, 04:56)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-06-02, 04:31)helpermonkey Wrote: purchased!!!!!

What type of MCE remote you have? or are you planning to use the Rosewil that comes with the dongle?

Have a few but will probably use my Harmony One if push comes to shove.
The Mi7 (full specs)
HTPC: Antek ISK 300 | Pico 160 | ASRock z77E | i7 3770S | GSkill Ares 8GB | BigShuriken 2 | Crucial 64 SSD
TOYS: Panasonic TC-P58S2 | Onkyo TX-SR608 | Atlantic Tech 2400 | Harmony 1 | iPazzPort ProMini | Mohu 1000 | HomeRun Dual | 2x2TB NAS
To be honest I'm still fine with walking over and turning on the PC manually.

I figure that those essential muscles still need to stay limber since as of yet the beer still aren't fetching themselves from the fridge either...
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
(2012-06-02, 07:25)thethirdnut Wrote: To be honest I'm still fine with walking over and turning on the PC manually.

I figure that those essential muscles still need to stay limber since as of yet the beer still aren't fetching themselves from the fridge either...

I had kids so they could get me a beer from the fridge
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-06-02, 07:25)thethirdnut Wrote: To be honest I'm still fine with walking over and turning on the PC manually.

Me too.... but once you have it .... it's a totally different story.... Big Grin

Now I am more lazy! Wink

It's nice when you are now finally sitting down after a long day of work and just reach for the remote.....
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!4