Not scraping Thumbnails for TV Shows?? And EDEN CRASHES A LOT!!

Hi all,

Jumping ship from Plex and things not so smooth!

Running on Mac OS X 10.7.3.

I can't seem to get the thumbnails to show for TV Shows (movies are fine). All other info seems to scrape okay. My file / name structure is all derived from SickBeard and is using season folders. I've tried removing and re-adding the source but no luck.

It also seems to crash quite frequently too.

Quite a few errors showing in the log also.

Appreciate any help that you can provide!

Thanks,

Alex.

log: http://pastebin.com/t1WehkV3
Which skin are you using? Start by making sure you use the default until you get things up and running properly. You have a script running that's spewing a lot of junk (errors) into the log.

Also, to do a Debug Log, make sure you enable debug logging first in Settings->System->Debugging. That will give us a bit more details.

Have you "Set Content" on your tvshows folder?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks - I first tried with the default Confluence skin and a few others with the same result.

I'll enable debug logging and report back...

Content is indeed set (everything apart from thumbnails is scraped successfully).

Alex.
Updated log attached with debug log enabled...

http://pastebin.com/rMk7vT3k
Ok, now we're getting somewhere. Please disable Update library at startup (so we don't get a huge log again) and go into TV Show information on Glee or Lost (context menu->TV Show Information) and Refresh. Grab the Debug Log that results and we should be able to tell what is going on. Alternatively, you can probably just cut the log after all the update at startup stuff.

Note that XBMC won't be picking up your Disney collection films at present, as you've used "Movies in separate folders named after the movie" to scan, and in this case you have a bunch of Disney movies in the same folder that is named "Disney Collection". One way around this is to "Set Content" on the Disney Collection folder to "Movies" and disable the "Movies in separate folders named after the movie".

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Thanks for the pointer on the Disney collection - not using it yet so hadn't noticed!! It's a little picky when it comes to scraping compared to Plex but plusses and minuses I guess!

Pastebin seems to be down so can't attach log details yet. I notice that refreshing the TV Show information does result in a banner appearing (although no poster for other views - use poster.jpg has been enabled). There is a dialog box asking if the local info is to be overridden with info from TVDB (which I clicked yes on). I only have .nfos in the TV Show folders - is this overriding the default scraping? As I said, it just stretches banners in non banner views if that makes sense!?

Appreciate the support.

Kind regards,

Alex.
XBMC does not read poster.jpg by default - some skins will read it, however. "Use posters" in the scraper settings is to prefer posters over banners from thetvdb.com. The default skin "Confluence" is designed for banners in many views rather than posters which is why things will be stretched - there may be a setting in skin settings to configure the various views - not sure.

Depending on what is in your .nfo file it may be affecting things. If you asked it to override and then got a thumb (and didn't get one before) then that suggests that your .nfo file may contain stale information - a Debug Log scrape while choosing No when you're prompted about the local information would help us nail that down.

You can use xbmclogs.com for your Debug Log if you wish.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3213

Log output is after choosing 'No'.

Thanks again.

A.
Looks like all the episode thumbs should be OK, but the tvshow poster/banner isn't, right?

Mind posting your tvshow.nfo file - my guess is it doesn't have valid urls for the art in it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

The one for Dexter is below.

So if I manually delete all the .nfo - XBMC should resort to scraping from the internet?

Might be the quicker option!

Thanks,

Alex.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3217
Yup, the nfo's are certainly the problem. Delete 'em and all will be fine.

Thanks - duly deleted, although odd as they all came from Sickbeard downloads..

Anyway - appreciate the assistance. Re-scanning now!

Thanks,

Alex.
Hmm - I manually deleted all .nfo files, removed the source (and associated entries) and then re-scanned.

Same problem, no posters / banners showing on any skin or any view type!

Arghhhh!

Why is this so difficult in XBMC!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Alex
Again, refresh the show in question, and post a Debug Log.

Thanks - appreciate scraping issues must be pretty damn dull to assist with!! Smile

I note that the .nfo files have re-appeared (creation date of 4:06am this morning) so I assume XBMC is re-creating them??

I refreshed Falling Skies this time and Dexter...

Thanks!

Alex

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3248

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not scraping Thumbnails for TV Shows?? And EDEN CRASHES A LOT!!0