mySQL scraping now, what next?
Last night I installed mySQL onto my unRaid, and created the db's for video and music...

I tried to get my HTPC to scrape my media (SMB shares) into the db, to no avail... Think I messed it up using profiles.

This morning I went to my desktop computer, installed a fresh XMBC 11.0, and started to scrape my media sources. This time the correct tables were created in XBMC, and rows are being populated.

Now I'd like to get my HTPC looking at the same thing!

On my desktop, I did it as the master profile, with the advancedsettings.xml in ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

On the HTPC (and eventually all my PC's) I'd like to have profiles setup.

1) How do multiple profiles on an mySQL work? The wiki and guides I've seen are a bit fuzzy about this.
2) Can I have two profiles (for me and my wife) that share the same mySQL db, but have different watched status?
3) Can I have these two profiles share the same gigantic movie/TV sources, but my wife also have sources for things I'm not into (yoga, etc?)
4) Where do you put the advancedsettings.xml file for profiles on XMBCbuntu?
Is it $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/profiles/PROFILENAME/ ?

5) Will profile advancedsettings.xml complete override the master advancedsettings.xml? For example, if the master advancedsettings.xml has dirty regions enabled, and a profile advancedsettings.xml only contains the mySQL databases, will it use dirty regions?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mySQL scraping now, what next?0