OS X 2010 Mac MinI + external bluray player - will it work?
Hi,

I have a 2010 mac mini and xbmc plays very well. I was wondering if I buy an external bluray player will I be able to play the same inside XBMC? I am aware today a DVD disk if inserted into the slot loading mac mini xbmc can play it! how about external bluray player? Any recommendations as to what external bluray player must I buy (looks as good as mac mini and seemingly sits on top of it!)
Anybody wish to share their experiences
XBMC doesn't decrypt blu-rays. You'll need software.
MakeMKV can do it on-the-fly but i've never used it for this. I usually just rip the title file to an MKV and watch it. XBMC doesn't have comprehensive support for blu-ray menu's either. (not complaining though)
Won't really matter what blu-ray drive you buy, they all seem to be plug and play even on mac.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Any hopes on having blu ray support on xbmc on Mac OSX?
(2013-08-22, 19:01)Tiff_Needle Wrote: Any hopes on having blu ray support on xbmc on Mac OSX?

Probably not. There would have to be regular licensing fees and such. I doubt if it would be very popular. Somebody might come up with something that allows bd lite menu support, but that's really just select a title and play it without really knowing what it is. You might as well just backup the disc to mkv IMO.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
licensing fees don't matter for XBMC. If there are fees for something, that is left up to the end user if they wish to pay said fees ;)

There is some open source efforts for bluray decrypting. Not sure if it works on Mac or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2010 Mac MinI + external bluray player - will it work?0