Can't compile latest GIT... (HALManager.cpp / SDL_version error)
I've just pulled the latest XBMC from GIT and when I compile I'm getting the following error:

Code:
CPP     xbmc/linux/HALManager.o
HALManager.cpp: In constructor âCHALManager::CHALManager()â:
HALManager.cpp:130:9: error: âSDL_versionâ does not name a type
HALManager.cpp:131:34: error: âsdl_versionâ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [HALManager.o] Error 1

Can anybody help me out?
What switches did you use when configuring?
I used --disable-debug --disable-joystick
Hmmm... I deleted my git directory and checked out a new copy and it worked. Weird.

Sorry for the above question...
Whenever you get a compile failure do a make clean and recompile. Occasionally just compiling with one thread will clear things up after a make clean...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Thanks... I did try to re-compile with only one thread as well (after I obtained a new version from git).

However, now it compiles fine but xbmc is giving me a segmentation fault immediately after starting.

Here's the log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1020572/

Any chance you could take a look at it?
I have a script that compiles from GIT nightly and something in the last batch of commits was giving me the same problems. I went back to a commit from a day ago and the crashing issues were gone.

I always do a
Quote:make distclean;git clean -xfd;git pull;./bootstrap;./configure --enable-libbluray --enable-vdpau --disable-pulse --disable-crystalhd --disable-avahi --disable-afpclient --disable-airplay --disable-airtunes;make -j4;make install
(2012-06-03, 03:11)BLKMGK Wrote: Whenever you get a compile failure do a make clean and recompile. Occasionally just compiling with one thread will clear things up after a make clean...

Sometimes this is not enough. Running git clean -xfd inside the working directory usually solves problems like this.
Actually, the ONLY issue with "make -j4" is that you have four threads which means that the following can happen in the output that's being spit out:

all good! (thread 1)
all good! (thread 2)
fatal error (thread 3)
all good! (thread 4)

You'll look at the end of your build log and see that all is good and assume that it worked - but it didn't!

There is NO reason to run with just one thread. HOWEVER, IF you run with just one thread, you have a chance to see the compiler thread dying (and why!), without it being buried under all the success messages from the other threads.

(This is simplified; what really happens is that all 4 threads run in parallel and their output is being interleaved, as they're all outputting whenever they feel like it; basically the equivalent of taking four piles of spaghetti and mixing it all together)

As for the issue with the latest code; it's AirTunes that refuses to compile due to a fatal bug in the code. (xbmc/network/AirTunesServer.cpp)

This kind of thing is normal with the latest dev tree and you're using it at your own risk.

Add --disable-airtunes to your configure line for now and you will be able to compile.

You should also really install "ccache" to speed up compilation if you re-compile a lot.
Its not a fatal bug. Its just that users keep compiling trunk against dependencies from the PPA. If you want to compile trunk then you have to use the libshairport version from xbmc/lib/libshairport or wait until the PPA maintainer provides the right version of that lib. (same with libnfs if someone cares).

The XBMC tree is consistent in itself - imho its just wrong to assume that dependecies are compatible throughout the development process.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't compile latest GIT... (HALManager.cpp / SDL_version error)0