Clean the XBMC install for smallest size
XBMC 12.

Configured XBMC and installed a couple of add-ons.
I need to distribute the backup to friends over the internet so I want to keep the backup as small as possible.

What files can be safely deleted without breaking anything?
(it doesn't matter if they will have to wait a few minutes longer on first startup)

Thanks.
i would say everthing in your userdata folder except for thumbnails folder and skins in your addons subfolder unless you have configured the skins a certain way
Databases as well may not be needed then if the thumbnails folder are removed, these only needed if you guys have same library content.

uNi
Ok, thanks.

So I can delete the userdata folder except for the files like guisettings.xml if I changed some settings, sources.xml if I added sources etc.

There is no Library content. Can I delete the Thumbnails as well then?
It look like the Database directory is also a cache so I can delete this as well.
Keep the directories just empty contents and keep files like guisettings.xml and sources.xml however sources.xml the /paths must be same exactly on others if it isnt then no point this file being included.

Really is just guisettings and viewsmode#db and addons#db and addons dir + /userdata/addon_data folder contents if you added addons.

uNi
And even addons#.db seems to be recreated after it is deleted...
Yes but addons#.db is sort of result of installed addons so addons dir contents or addons_data dir contents

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean the XBMC install for smallest size0