[REQUEST] Coursera Add-On
(2012-10-07, 00:31)jbel Wrote:
(2012-10-06, 15:47)newatv2user Wrote: You mean, ability to enroll from within the addon? That would be great.

Yep. I have it working. The only issue is that you are able to enroll for courses that haven't started yet, therefore there is no video. Trying to figure out how to best structure the addon so that is clear to the end user.

would you please take time to complete the menu in academic earth?
Ok, I think I've fixed the csrf issue.

https://www.box.com/s/n5nyhzcqj6b004sjvpmd
(2012-10-20, 18:33)newatv2user Wrote: Ok, I think I've fixed the csrf issue.

It is working. Thanks a lot.
Rainbow 
(2012-10-20, 18:33)newatv2user Wrote: Ok, I think I've fixed the csrf issue.

Thanks so much! This really makes my day!
Fixed for recent website changes.

Download here.
Awesome! I noticed it wasn't working anymore. I really appreciate your work!
The plugin works perfectly on my windows machine and my raspberry pi (linux) machine, but fails to work on my AppleTV machine. It shows the "Unable to login" dialog.
I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, reconfigure - nothing helps.
One thing I should say is that during the initial configuration I've entered the wrong user name which obviously failed to login, but even after fixing this and as mentioned uninstall and reinstall - it still unable to login.
I'm not sure if its a specific ATV issue or because of the initial error, I'm doomed with some bad cache file or something.
In the log it shows :
17:25:01 T:170672128 NOTICE: courses
17:25:03 T:115302400 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.coursera/
17:25:03 T:115302400 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.coursera/) failed

Any idea ?
I'm having trouble watching videos of the course "Malicious Software and its Underground Economy: Two Sides to Every Story". Course link

Code:
15:44:14 T:140724108510976   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2014' in position 344: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/joost/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.coursera/default.py", line 319, in <module>
                                                main()
                                              File "/home/joost/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.coursera/default.py", line 77, in main
                                                browse()
                                              File "/home/joost/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.coursera/default.py", line 132, in browse
                                                print Segment
                                              File "<string>", line 7, in write
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2014' in position 344: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
does this plugin still work? Today is the first day I tried it. I couldn't get logged on. I did notice android apps for coursera were resonantly updated. I think coursera changed something in the past few days.
The same is going on with my app. In the past days it has been impossible to log into my coursera account with the app. Please, somebody can take a look on that?
Fixed login.

Download
Hi all!

@newatv2user: I'm using your plugin and I love it. This morning I wanted to start watching a new course on my xbmc box, but the course wouldn't load and it gave me an error message. Long story short, the problem turned out to be a weird UTF characther on the course webpage. Easily fixed, in default.py on line 148 change:
Code:
print Segment
to
Code:
print Segment.encode('ascii', 'ignore')

Edit: It turns out this is the same problem JoeSpeedboat had, so this patch fixes it
Trying to install this for the first time on Gotham . Getting "dependencies not met"
i have this fixed for gotham here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5468...-0.0.6.zip

tested and it works for me.
I can't login, has there been yet another change in coursera's API?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Coursera Add-On0