Case for unraid server..
(2012-06-02, 02:17)poofyhairguy Wrote:
(2012-06-01, 21:38)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I too like the NZXT of all of those.

Whatever you do don't go cheap on the power supply. Get a good one like a Seasonic or Antec. I am a big fan of the Seasonic SS-300ET and SS-350ET for low price, high quality, no frills PSUs. If it's on sale the Antec EA-380D is a good one too.

No, don't get a EA-380D!!!

With a media server the most important feature a PSU needs is to be single rail, which the Antec Earthwatts PSUs are not.

I personally think the best PSU in that class for the job is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817371029

Single rail, is made by Seasonic and sold by Antec. Win, win, win. I have had one in an Unraid server for almost two years.

I think it's highly dependent on how many drives we're talking here whether or not that matters. It's a good question for the OP: how many drives are we talking here? FWIW, I had a picoPSU 120-WI-25 with 18.5A 120W adapter running my media server with 6 x 3.5" drives, 1 x 2.5" SSD and E35M1-I without any issues. It'd push 80W on startup but there were no sparks, smoke or fire Smile.

Either way, the NEO ECO 400W is a great PSU. The super-long wiring harness will be helpful in one of those PSU bottom-mount cases. It's not so helpful inside a Lian-Li PC-C37 Smile. Lesson learned.

(2012-06-02, 06:18)Beer40oz Wrote: GortWillSaveUs drive cages like that are up to $100 bucks each..... they look cool but is it really worth it?

It depends on whether or not if, after a few beers, bringing your guests down to the basement to show them this will impress them or not Smile.
(2012-06-02, 05:37)jangjong Wrote:
(2012-06-02, 02:17)poofyhairguy Wrote: No, don't get a EA-380D!!!

With a media server the most important feature a PSU needs is to be single rail, which the Antec Earthwatts PSUs are not.

I personally think the best PSU in that class for the job is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817371029

Single rail, is made by Seasonic and sold by Antec. Win, win, win. I have had one in an Unraid server for almost two years.

What is the 'single rail' ?
Rail is refer to group of wires with an independent over current protection circuit.......if you are using power-hungry HTPC, you want a good single rail PSU.......

(2012-06-02, 05:37)jangjong Wrote: I don't know too much about PSU's.. but i have this laying around: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817152028

I was just going to use this psu
If you are planning to build a server posted by -EaS-, you might have problem with less powerful multiple rails PSU. For less demanding home server, you should be find with your existing PSU.....if you are running into problem, you can always replace it with a more powerful single rail PSU later.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I ended Up getting Z9.

Will post pics by this week.

Thx guys!
(2012-06-03, 02:55)jangjong Wrote: I ended Up getting Z9.

Will post pics by this week.

Thx guys!

Please! nice! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Case for unraid server..0