Trailers
Hi everyone, not sure what to do with this one but here goes, I have all my trailers stored locally for my movies.

When I go to play the trailer it tries to stream it from the internet rather than play the locally stored version.

If I go into the media info screen then it will play locally stored trailer.

Is there anyway to always play the locally stored trailer and not have to go into the info screen to play it?

Apologies if this has been done before but I am pulling my hair out!

(2012-06-03, 06:00)limenet Wrote: Hi everyone, not sure what to do with this one but here goes, I have all my trailers stored locally for my movies.

When I go to play the trailer it tries to stream it from the internet rather than play the locally stored version.

If I go into the media info screen then it will play locally stored trailer.

Is there anyway to always play the locally stored trailer and not have to go into the info screen to play it?

Apologies if this has been done before but I am pulling my hair out!

How are you trying to play the trailer, in the instances where it is streaming? What are you specifically doing?

Locally stored trailers will only play from info screen if they are not scraped in the library. That is a XBMC feature, not a skin feature. In the library we can only play whats stored in the library, in your case thats an url. If you refresh teh movie the locally stored player will also be in your library.
If It's only a couple of movie trailers that aren't playing you can manually edit the .nfo. You'll probably find that the .nfo has the trailer as a YouTube link, change it to whatever the local filename is eg. Man on a Ledge-trailer.mov, then save it. When you fire up XBMC refresh the movie, opt for the locally stored info and your trailer will play locally. I'm not sure how to do this for your whole library, but it definitely works as I've just put a few of my own right using this method. Hope this helps you out. Wink

Edit: That is of course, if you didn't read the preceding post properly like me *ahem* Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailers0