Can't get "Link to TV show" to work
I am struggling to get the "Link to TV show" option to work. The issue is that I have a 12 DVD Tom and Jerry collection that I would like to have listed in the TV Shows section. However, none of the shows found by the scraper matches the episodes on the DVDs. So I thought I'd try to define the DVD's a movies (which worked fine) and then link them to an empty TV show using the "Link to TV show" option. However, after linking the 12 movies, nothing shows up in the TV show I linked them to.

I assume I am missing something obvious here, but I cannot seem to find out what I am doing wrong...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

/sjefsbamsemumsen
Maybe the empty tvshow is causing a problem?

What if you generate a .nfo for the empty show and see if that works?

I had a heck of a time getting some Tom and Jerry episodes to scan into my tvshow library not too long ago. I had to use a combination of naming conventions, and to make sure via the tvdb.org database that I was getting the right season/episode numbers. I eventually got them all scanned in.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-06-03, 12:35)thrak76 Wrote: Maybe the empty tvshow is causing a problem?

What if you generate a .nfo for the empty show and see if that works?

I had a heck of a time getting some Tom and Jerry episodes to scan into my tvshow library not too long ago. I had to use a combination of naming conventions, and to make sure via the tvdb.org database that I was getting the right season/episode numbers. I eventually got them all scanned in.

Yeah, I was wondering if the empty show might be it. I need to read up on these .nfo files (never used them with XBMC before) and give it a go.

Thanks for the suggestion!

/sjefsbamsemumsen
an empty show is the problem yes. for now you have to add some dummy episode. will get it fixed in master.
(2012-06-03, 12:59)spiff Wrote: an empty show is the problem yes. for now you have to add some dummy episode. will get it fixed in master.
Excellent! Adding a dummy episode and relinking all the movies worked perferctly.

Thanks!

/sjefsbamsemumsen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get "Link to TV show" to work0