Upnp Server Best solution ???
Lightbulb 
Hello,

After much research and attempts comparisons between Linux UPnP server (ushare = installation failed, MediaTomb = unstable and errors with accented characters, minidlna = I'm not sure that it meets my needs, etc..) I decide to ask for your help.

Look, I've installed and configured in a HTPC XBMCBuntu and I am very satisfied, except one thing: the UPnP server.

Indeed, it offers no means of customization (or so I have not found how) and do not support either the dissemination of playlists or folder trees.

I am looking for a DLNA / UPnP that is complementary.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Twonky? Costs money, not that much, and works well. Not sure about playlists, as I really don't use it that much. To be honest UPnP and DLNA are very limited in scope, which severely limits what they can do on the server side.
Try Universal Media Server

http://www.universalmediaserver.com/

A New Updated version of SubJunk's build of PS3 MediaServer

I use it to play on a variety of devices around the home. WDTV Live Hub, PS3.
I use serviio to share via upnp. Best I've used on Linux, although to be honest I don't use it that often.
Why not try mindlna before you decide it does not meet your requirements? I have used MediaTomb a few years ago with my PS3, but it seems to be discontinued now. I am now using minidlna to server my audio to my receiver. Works wonderfully. Don't need it for video though, I have NFS for that.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Ok, thanks guys,

I'll go to test PS3 Media Server.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upnp Server Best solution ???0