• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Xbmc Hockey Streams Plugin
(2012-12-30, 05:54)Juarrox Wrote: Fantastic work! Thank you!

XBMC doesn´t support dynamic flash streaming, so most of 3200 kbps HS streams won´t work, right?

Afraid so. But there are more and more istreams becoming available and if you are running frodo release these will work with the plugin.

Thanks
when i go into the options i dont get anything listed for live streams, has this option been added yet?

thanks.
(2013-01-07, 01:47)tizzy Wrote: when i go into the options i dont get anything listed for live streams, has this option been added yet?

There is no options for live streams? There are however options hide/show istreams.

Once logged in you can view live games by choosing the 'Live/Coming Soon' item. Any streams made available by hockeystreams will then be visible. Hope that helps. If not then please message back with any problems
thanks for the reply.. the live/coming soon is what i was referring too. I don't get anything listed. when i go to the web page there's games and i can watch them.

could it be because they arent istreams and i'm using xbmc on ubuntu?
(2013-01-07, 03:49)tizzy Wrote: thanks for the reply.. the live/coming soon is what i was referring too. I don't get anything listed. when i go to the web page there's games and i can watch them.

could it be because they arent istreams and i'm using xbmc on ubuntu?

What version of the plugin do you have installed?

Did you notice what source the streams on hockeystreams were coming from? Sometimes they pair up with another provider who use their own player which means the plugin cant stream it.

Can you provide an xbmc log file?

Theres no reason the plugin should fail on any platform currently.
I'm not able to watch any archived streams (haven't tried Live streams yet). Version 2.1.2, XBMC Eden.

I can log in fine, the games show up, but nothing plays. Sometimes I get a "could not open" error, sometimes nothing.

Log shows this line repeatedly:

Code:
INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 04183F80 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'

Anything I am missing here?

Thanks...

This is pretty cool! Eh!

Has this been tested on Frodo? Which platform do you use for development? Anyone have experience using this on ATV2 or XIOS DS?

Thanks.
(2013-01-18, 16:14)atv2jber Wrote: Has this been tested on Frodo?
Yes. RC3 version.

(2013-01-18, 16:14)atv2jber Wrote: Which platform do you use for development?
Developed on a Windows box and tested with Windows and OpenElec (linux distro) of XBMC.

(2013-01-18, 16:14)atv2jber Wrote: Anyone have experience using this on ATV2 or XIOS DS?
There are a few guys over at hockeystreams.com who use this on ATV2 devices.
Hey, first of thanks a ton for developing and maintaining the plugin, I was surprised it even existed because its such a niche sorta thing but that's the great thing about the XBMC project

I'm running Eden on W7-64bit with v2.2.0 of your plugin
The wmv streams seem to come thru really well, the istream ones will play for a few secs then skip and freeze for about 10-20 secs then play, then repeat. Is there anyway to fix this or is it a known issue or is it perhaps just something with my setup?

I'm a little reticent to upgrade to Frodo because currently everything is working pretty well and my wife will kill me if I jack something up at this point Wink so I was planning on waiting til they had their stable official release out for a month or so and got any of the kinks worked out before trying it.
(2013-01-19, 18:02)snafu7x7 Wrote: I'm running Eden on W7-64bit with v2.2.0 of your plugin
The wmv streams seem to come thru really well, the istream ones will play for a few secs then skip and freeze for about 10-20 secs then play, then repeat. Is there anyway to fix this or is it a known issue or is it perhaps just something with my setup?

What hardware are you running. Sounds like your box can't keep up.
I'm having the same issues with v2.2.0 plugin as well (I think the behaviour is same with previous version). Its plays for about 15 secs then freezes. Sometimes it exists and sometimes I have to kill xbmc. I'm using Frodo RC3. Same behaviour on openelec and Windows. Here's pastebin of the log.
http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=KKdFbKAN

I don't think is hardware or bandwidth issue as it plays fine from the hockeystreams.com without any hickups or buffering issues.

Thanks
Same issue here.. But on iPad and site it plays fine . Xbmc plugin is messed up
Hi All,

I am continuing to dig into this problem but the crux of it is that XBMC's player isn't as mature as other standalone players. It is having problems reading the iStream format.

If you play the plugin URL's (retrieved from the API) through a standalone player such as VLC they function fine. Sadly the plugin doesn't handle video playback, it just passes stream URL's to XBMC to handle. I'm going to try and find a solution but I believe it means changes to the way XBMC handles iStream or forcing hockeystreams.com to publish content in an acceptable format.

I'll get back once I find out more.
Updated plugin to version 2.3.0.

Fix for invalid logins causing crashes.
Added flash support thanks to Maciej Ratowski Smile

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-hockey-streams/

Flash support hopefully will help in the meantime whilst I try and figure out how to progress with iStreams.
Thanks for your hard work.
Will try out the flash support with the Leafs game tonight.

Would it be possible to add the option to hide WMV streams in a similar manner to iStreams and Flash, as I'm only interested in HD streams?

Thanks again.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Xbmc Hockey Streams Plugin7