Multiple XBMC UPnP Renderers not detected on network
Hi,

I have noticed a problem since updating to Eden with UPnP.

I have 2x XBMC Eden boxes, running on Ubuntu, on the same network.

Since Eden, I notice that an Android UPnP client (any: I have tried Skifta, 2Player, UPnPlay ...) will reliable detect both as UPnP sources, but will only ever detect one as a UPnP renderer. The one that is detected is random, changes minute by minute, and is not influenced by what the XBMC box is doing.

Previously, with Dharma, both would be reliably detected but it wasn't possible via the UI to set a different UPnP device name: so I used to achieve this by editing the binary.

Now, with Eden, it *is* possible via the UI to set a device name - this is good.
However it is never possible to see both devices on the network at the same time for rendering purposes: and this is not so good.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is it a known bug?

Regards
Liam
Same here, I noticed that when i turn the "Allow control of XBMC via UPnP" on the different machines running XBMC, (bedroom and livingroom) they swap being listed as available devices after being activated. both are never showing at the same time.
I decided to raise an official bug for this, a quick search on the bug list did not throw up a known issue.
(2012-07-01, 05:32)geocas1 Wrote: Same here, I noticed that when i turn the "Allow control of XBMC via UPnP" on the different machines running XBMC, (bedroom and livingroom) they swap being listed as available devices after being activated. both are never showing at the same time.

Someone on the bug tracker list pointed out what is probably my (and your) problem here.

I made my second XBMC system by cloning the first one.

It turns out that there is a config file in the userdata directory called upnpserver.xml

This contains some unique identifiers (UUIDs) which are used to identify the XBMC units on the network.
These have to be unique.

If, like me, you cloned your first setup to make the second one, then they will not be unique ... and badness will ensue.

I can't check that this will fix it right now, I am away for work and logged in remotely to check this.
however I can see that my UUIDRENDERER fields in the two box configurations are identical.
This is almost certainly the cause of my badness.
I went through this. I have 3 Kodis at home.
2 of them were cloned from the first one.
As a upnp client I use BubbleUPNP in my cellphone.
The problem was that just one of them appeared to BubbleUPNP at a time.

The fix was ..
I had to access ~/.kodi/userdata/upnpserver.xml in all Kodi instances and insert there new unique uuids.

I installed uuid-runtime package in raspbian, and used uuidgen to generate new uuids.
Then, I just copied and pasted in the right places in the upnpserver.xml files.

After that, a Kodi restart is needed, and also a upnp client (BubbleUPNP) restart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple XBMC UPnP Renderers not detected on network2