Win Please Point Me In The Right Direction
Video 
Hi folks,

I have been using XBMC for a few years now, and loving every bit of it. I feel like I discover new features, add-ons, and supplemental software for it all the time. For example, sickbeard, mediascout, xbmc hub, etc.

Since I've discovered all of this in pieces, much of my XBMC setup is not as efficient as it could be. My workflow could be improved. I know there are a ton of stickies, FAQs, and resources out there--its a bit overwhelming. So heres my situation...

Here's where I stand:
  • I have a lot of content (movies (mkv, dvds, avi), tv shows, music, and games) stored locally
  • Metadata has been scraped mostly from MediaScout; some from XBMC; some from sickbeard
  • I DL content (tv shows and movies) to one download folder
  • Sickbeard now handles TV Shows and post processes with metadata
  • I have to manually post process movies (haven't looked into couchpotato yet)

I would like to streamline my setup as much as possible. I think that might involve cleaning up my folder structure a little bit; although I'd like to think it's fairly organized.
Folders on drive:
  • Bluray
  • DVDs
  • AVI
  • TV Shows
  • Music

I have metadata from various scrapers now (xbmc, sickbeard, and mediascout). Ideally, I would like to be able to automate downloading and processing of tv shows, movies, and other media files with XBMC. Right now, my problem is that movies and UFC fights go to my download folder and I have to manually process them. I would like to be able to delete media from XBMC as well (I don't want excess files left over from scrapers).

Which scrapers and metadata should I be using for all of my media? I had a bad experience with XBMC Eden and the scrapers.
I have issues with XBMC not showing my content in folders (using a non stock skin). Is this a skin issue or auto updating issue?
I miss the feature where I could view a youtube video from my movie folder... I can't find it

I'm sure I'm not far from getting what I want, a little bit of direction would be great. Thanks guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please Point Me In The Right Direction0